Chapter 1

Izuku and Shoto were twins, but looking at how they acted you'd think that they were complete strangers. It was apparent that they had some disdain for one another, but the fact that they were brothers kept it in check. Shoto was the older, and more well known than his brother. Izuku had long been withdrawn from the public eye, schools and all by their father Endeavor. He had decided after their fourth birthday that Izuku would be homeschooled and Shoto would continue where he was. This decision seemed to widen the ever growing gap between them. Izuku didn't really dislike his brother. He was just confused as to why he seemed to have a grudge against him. When they were little they were inseparable, twins in every regard, but ever since their quirks awakened, things took a turn for the worse. Endeavor wanted strong children, children that would accomplish his dream of surpassing All Might. He was so determined that he began training his two sons at a very early age, pushing them harder than they needed to. Shoto was the first to unlock his quirk, and Endeavor was extremely proud of him, Izuku on the other hand was yet to awaken one, and seeing his brother get praised, his child's mind couldn't help but feel jealous.
Flashback
"Excellent Shoto, with your quirk and potential, you could easily become the number 1 hero. You would even surpass All Might one day" Endeavor spoke with pride. Izuku sat glumly with his big sister Fuyumi who was consoling him. "It's okay Izu. You'll get your quirk eventually". Izuku huffed and sniffled. "It's already been a week, I don't feel like it's going to happen". He got up and ran outside not wanting to see any more than what he'd seen already. Fuyumi got up and went after him. Endeavor had also seen him run out, and decided to see what was going on. Outside Izuku went to a tree and started kicking it.
"It's not fair! When will I get my quirk?! I want to make dad proud too!". Fuyumi arrived to see his outburst, but Rei, their mother stopped her from intervening. "Sometimes it's best to let out frustration. Let him be for now". Izuku began punching the tree, over and over. He didn't even notice the heat building up within him - or his arm turning into a large magma fist. "Wait ... Is that? ..." Fuyumi asked in awe. Endeavor had a proud smile. Izuku just forced his quirk awake. Then suddenly white hot flames burst from his fist as he hit the tree with a final shout of anger. The tree itself, the ground and part of the wall behind it was completely incenerated. The family watched in shock as Izuku finally registered that he was being watched.
"I ... have a quirk ... I HAVE A QUIRK!" he yelled in joy. Shoto ran up to him.
"That was so cool Izuku! Your quirk is awesome!". Izuku smiled hearing that and their father walked up to him.
"Your quirk is really amazing. With it you will become a powerful hero as well". Izuku and Shoto ran off talking excitedly about their plans as heroes.
The mood became somber as they all looked down. "He reminds me of Touya" Rei said sadly. Izuku was almost an exact replica of his older brother. White hair, with little red streaks, and turquoise blue eyes.
"I'll make sure that never happens again" Endeavor said.
Flashback end
Izuku walked downstairs from his room to get fresh air. He stopped by and gave his sister a wave, his other brother Natsuo was there too, but he didn't pay him much attention. Fuyumi sighed sadly. Over the years Izuku had become distant to the family, except for her and their father, but realistically who could blame him? One moment it was all going well. Then suddenly Shoto began to distance away from him, Natsuo did same and even their mother did too claiming that Izuku was the cause of Shoto's neglect. Endeavor had devoted his time to properly training Izuku - so that the Touya incident would never occur again. What he didn't realize was that Shoto felt neglected, and this drove him to blame his twin. Natsuo also had the same thoughts but he was more scared, scared that Izuku would turn out like Touya. Izuku went outside to see Shoto training with their father, with Rei watching silently. Their eyes drifted to him as he slid the door open and walked out. "Good morning" he said walking by them. Rei gave him a glance which was met with a small glare. She looked down sadly, in truth she didn't hate her son - what mother could? She just couldn't help it and wanted things to go back to normal, but now her son hated her, and she couldn't blame him. She gave him the cold shoulder and gave Shoto her attention because of his mindset at the time. Now it backfired and her two sons couldn't even stand each other. It really was her fault. She got up and followed Izuku to see him stretching. "You should train with your father and brother Izuku".
Izuku scoffed. "And barge into the training of your favorite child. No way". Rei gave him a glare but her eyes softened at him. "Izuku. You know it's not like that, at the time he needed me, and I admit I got carried away, but we can't keep on living like this".
"The damage is already done, Natsuo doesn't talk to me anymore, you are the same, and Shoto hates me. I don't know what I did, we used to be best friends, now we're strangers. Is it my fault for having a quirk? Fuyumi and dad are the only ones I can talk to. I just wanted to be part of the family, to be accepted by all of you ... but screw that. I'm done. If you can't accept me then I'll stick to the people that do" he said leaving her. A few tears escaped her eyes as her youngest son walked by her. 'Izuku. I'm so sorry' she thought.
-
A few months flew by with the Todoroki house being as tense as ever. Both brothers were now in front of UA high, they were here for the entrance exams. Their hero journey began here. It was silence between them as they walked in. Since it was the recommendation exams there weren't many candidates - about 12 in total. "Good luck in there" Izuku said to Shoto, who only grunted in response. Izuku sighed and facepalmed. "Why do I even try?"