chapter 16.

Video: Alex And Sierra - Little Do You Know

POV: *Mikey*

-

I don't know if I like Hilary or not.

I have been hanging out with Hilary (the girl that works at the diner) and it's been tons of fun. But it felt weird.

Everytime I think of "my friends", if I can even call them that anymore, I cringe. The sound of their names is like nails on a chalkboard. Torture.
-
It's late at night, and it's pouring rain outside. I sit still, but comfortable as Hilary's head is placed on my shoulder. We are watching a romantic movie. (Her suggestion).

Knock knock

The loud sounds of someone banging on the door to my hotel room.

Hilary lifts her head and I tell her that I'll get it, pausing the movie.

I open the door and stumble at the sight of Luke, Ashton, Calum, and Emelia.

"Who is it babe?" Hilary asks.

"Uh," I reply.

"Michael!" Emelia says excitingly as she hugs me tightly.

"We have been so worried." Calum says as he walks into the room me pats my back.

"Man, we thought we'd never find you." Luke gives me a quick hug.

"Bro, we've missed you." Ashton says as he bear hugs me.

"Ya, you too." I say confused at why they are here.

I see Hilary stand up off the coach in the corner of my eye.
She turns around and I immediately here the screech of Emelia and Hilary.

"Hilary!" Emelia excitingly yells at the sight of her.

"Oh my gosh! Emelia!" She yells back.

"I miss you so much," Emelia says as Hilary pulls her into a long hug.

That's weird. They know eachother, well, from what I see.

"You two know eachother?" I ask.

"She's my best friend." Hilary says looking up at me and smiling.

"Oh,"

Emelia and Hilary continue a conversation.

"So, what are you doing here?" Hilary asks Emelia.

"I might have to ask the same for you, Hilary."

"Michael and I were just watching a movie."

"Why?"

"Well, he is my boyfriend, so why not is the real question."

"Oh,"

Emelia's voice got very quiet as she stares down at the floor then at me. I could see tears swelling up in her bright blue eyes.

"Emelia, I-"

"I'm sorry, will you excuse me."

Emelia cuts me off and speed walks out of the hotel room.

I've seen Emelia cry a few times before. And what I have learned is that she looked beautiful even when she was crying. She always looks beautiful. She reminded me of the sky. Sometimes bright and happy, sometimes dark, dull, and depressing. But no matter how bright, or how dark the sky is, it's still beautiful. And it's always there. Just like Emelia.

Maybe Hilary was just a distraction. To help me forget about Emelia. But now I realize, I can never do that. I love her.

I run as fast as I can out of the hotel room and after Emelia. I run out of the building and into the rain. I see Emelia walking quickly, soaking wet from the rain showers. I run up behind her and grab her arm to make her stop walking. She turns around quickly.

"Emelia-"

"Listen, Michael-"

"No. No Emelia. Stop cutting me off. Let me finish a sentence of explaining. Please."

She looks me in the eyes to imply to keep talking.

"I love you. And I know I left. And it was a mistake. I met this girl at a diner. Hilary. I had no idea you knew her. But, from the minute we started getting closer, I knew something was wrong. Something was missing. You were missing. I need you Emelia. My brain was telling me one thing, my heart was telling me another. Creating a distraction. Making Hilary the distraction. Trying to get my mind off you was the hardest thing I've ever done. But trying to make myself not love you was even harder. It made me love you even more. In fact, it's nearly impossible not to love you."

"Then why did you leave me." She replies with tears in her eyes, clenching her teeth trying not to sob.

"This may sound so childish, but I don't care. I guess, once you kissed Luke when we were playing spin the bottle, I could tell that you were losing interest in me. But, I don't think you know that you're all that matters in my life. I'd do anything for you. And once I saw that kiss, and then how feisty you were being to me, and how you always texted Luke instead of me. I was losing you and I couldn't take it. So I left, not telling anyone where I was going."

My clothes are dripping water and I squint my eyes as the rain hits my face.
She looks at me
and I can't take it anymore.
I kiss her.
And she kisses me back.
It was like those romantic movies.
In the rain. In the dark.
With the love of my life.

-
-
-
-

Idek anymore. This chapter was kinda weird.
P.s.
Tell me if you guys like the new cover!
-S