chapter 8.

Video: Coldplay - O

POV *Mikey*
~
My phone vibrates and I tilt the screen to see who it is. It's Emelia. She replies to my text message that I sent earlier. "<3" I send one back.
~
Today, me and the boys are going to ANZ Stadium to take a tour of where we are playing our next concert. The stage is big and there are a row of guitars back stage. I grab the teal, electric guitar and plug it in to the amplifier. My fingers stride across the stings of the guitar, and then Luke joins in. Then Calum on the bass, finally Ashton on the drums. Not long after, we are playing our song "Never Be" as a band, all together.
A smile paints across my face as I look around at Ash, Luke, and Cal. It's been about a month now since we've played all together without a crowd screaming right in front of us. It feels nice. Just to hear us.
~
We practice on the fully set up stage for 3 hours. We get into the car to drive home. An hour long ride.
I decide to text Emelia to ask her how her day at school was.
"How was your day?"

She replies in less than a minute.

"It was alright. I think I might have a new friend :)"

"That's great (:"

"I love you bby."

"I love you more."

We text each other goodbye after she says she has homework.
I think about the other day at the burger joint. When I caught a slight glimpses of her wrists that were painted with cuts. When I made her show me her arms. Why would she do that? I ask myself over and over. Thoughts come into my head, saying that it was my fault. That I shouldn't have left. That we shouldn't have split up. The song Amnesia. I wrote that for her. I wonder if she knew. "I remember the day you told me you were leaving, I remember the makeup running down your face."
The song showing how we both felt. Like a mix of our feels, together in one.
I think of a quote Calum tweeted this morning. "If you could love me again, I could let go of everything." Which makes me sad for some reason. But she does love me. she told me. But she is hiding something. I know it.
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
Hi! This chapter is short because I really wanted to make the Emelia POV... <3 coming soon.
- S