chapter 14.

POV: *Mikey*

-

I didn't tell anyone. About the plane ticket, about me leaving.

I just left. They didn't even care that I just walked out.

-

I rented a hotel room for 2 months. The room was pretty big. A living room, a dining room, bathroom, kitchen, and a bedroom. It was bigger than I needed, it made me feel more alone than I already was.

Deciding to take a walk around the resort, I step outside. A group of girl are walking toward the room next to mine, coming back from the pool. They spot me as I walk.

"OH MY GOSH! ARE YOU MICHAEL CLIFFORD!! OMG IT IS! OMG OMG OMG HI!! CAN I GET A PICTURE WITH YOU?!"

It was a loud screech, one that I knew very well from various walks in the park.

I take individual pictures with each of the girls.

"Nice meeting you girl, gotta get going. I'll see you around."

I hug them each at their request.

-

Some fans like me I guess. Not sure if it's just for my fame, for the pleasure of meeting someone famous. Or if it's just that they like me. I don't know.

-

I walk into a small, empty diner. I sit at the bar area, a girl walks in from the back/ kitchen of the diner with her head down. She doesn't see me.

"Uh, hi."

She jumps at the sound of my deep voice.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, I didn't realize there was anyone here! There is usually no one."

She sounded happy to actually see someone.

"I'm sorry I made you jump."

I chuckle.

She giggles.

"My names Michael."

I continue.

"Hilary"

She introduces herself.

I've heard that name before. I swear I have. I just know it. I just can't remember when or where right now.

"That's a beautiful name, Hilary."

"Why thank you."

She replies with a smile and her cheeks blush a bright red and she giggles.

I chuckle along with her giggle.

She doesn't know me. She doesn't know just how famous I am.

"Just what I was looking for."

I think to myself.

Hilary and I talk for a few hours and get to know each other. She cooks me a plate of scrambled eggs and toast with some French fries.

We exchange phone numbers and I tell her I have to get going.

-

It is now 9:00 at night and I sit alone in the big hotel room. The TV is on but I'm not paying attention to what's on the screen. I sit still on the couch in the dark room, thinking. Thinking about what the boys are doing right now. Thinking about Emelia. How horrible her life was, or still is. No parents. The thick cuts on her arms. Her sister almost never home. Always being bullied at school. I tried to help her. She didn't want me to. Even though I loved her. I still love her.

"God. I fckin messed up, man."

I say out loud, talking to myself.

-
-
Hi! If you guys don't remember, Hilary was Emelia's best friend before she moved away!! Btw.
But Mikey doesn't know that yet. Obviously.

-S