chapter 10.

POV *Mikey*
~
The first thing I do when I wake up is call Emelia.

"We still going out today, babe?"

I ask her through the phone, smiling to myself.

"Yep."

She sounded annoyed, like she didn't want to be talking to me. Like she only picked up the phone because she felt bad for me or something.

"Alright..."

I drag my syllables.

"We'll pick you up at 12:00. Me, Luke, Cal, and Ash."

"K."

She answers quickly.

I feel the urge to ask her what's wrong, but then remember the times she was sad years ago, she'd get mad whenever I'd ask her what the problem was.

"Okay. I'll see you later baby."

"Alright."

"I love you Em."

The phone hangs up. She didn't say she loves me back. There's something wrong. She loved me yesterday.
-
I remember Emelia's sister, Liz, giving me her number so I can call her or text her if there are any problems.

Me: hey, Liz.

Liz: Hi Michael, what's up.

Me: I was on the phone with Emelia a few minutes ago. Something doesn't seem right... what happened.

Liz: She just had a rough day. Don't worry.

Me: I have to worry. I love her.

Liz: She didn't feel very good yesterday. I guess she's not feeling fully better yet.

Me: Alright... Do you think she's still good to coming bowling with me and my band later?

Liz: she'll be fine. Have fun, bye.

Me: Thanks Liz, bye.
-
I knew Liz was lying to me. But, I wasn't going to question anymore.
-
12:00

Me, Cal, Luke, and Ash pile into the car. Ashton and Calum shove each other into the cars sides until they are both equally as comfortable in the squished space.
Ashton gave Calum a final shove.
"Stop Ashton!"

Ashton chuckles and smiles evilly.
Luke sighs at how childish they are acting.

"You two better not act this why when we pick up Emelia."

"Aweeee, Mikey loves Emelia!"

Calum teases me.

"You're right, I do love her."
I answer smartly.

"Oooooo, shots fired!"
Ashton replies to my comment, directing it right at Calum to intend that he is stupid.

I giggle.

-

I text Emelia that we are outside her house.
She walks out of the front door with a Metallica tee shirt with the sleeves cut off. She wears a dozen bracelets on her wrists, as usual. Ripped jeans, black converse, and a red flannel tied around her waist.

She looks beautiful.

One of the boys noticed me staring and nudged my arm.

I get out of the car and open the door for her.

"Hello Emelia."

I say as I open the door swiftly.

"Hello Michael."

She replies with a sweet smile.
I shyly smile at the ground as I close the car door and runaround to the other side.

"To the bowling place!"
Luke says excitingly.

-
I'm so sorry I haven't updated in awhile.
-S