Sanguine

They were in the dance studio alone, just the two of them, and Soobin was on the floor trying to catch his breath, meanwhile Yeonjun was still practicing one of their songs

They were in the dance studio alone, just the two of them, and Soobin was on the floor trying to catch his breath, meanwhile Yeonjun was still practicing one of their songs. He always looked so intense like this, his gaze sharp, focused, his body moving like water, the passion apparent in each steps. Soobin could watch him all day.

Yeonjun was wearing his black and white stripe shirt, the one where its sleeves were longer than his arms and gave him sweater paws. It was such a contrast, seeing him dance with that piercing stare while wearing the shirt, that it made Soobin dizzy.

After a bit, Yeonjun stopped and turned off the music. It became silent then, and Soobin watched him drink his water, leaning against the mirror, his long legs stretching beneath him.

Soobin didn't know what it was - if it was his exhaustion or if it was simply because of his hopeless crush, but right now, he just really wanted to kiss him.

It wasn't even anything much, just a simple look from Yeonjun, that familiar stare, the tight line of his lips. But it reminded him of something, of a memory still burned to the back of his mind, an image he couldn't stop thinking about.

They didn't talk about it. What happened at Yeonjun's room. Soobin thought, maybe, Yeonjun didn't remember - but sometimes in passing, when he looked at him, there was recognition in his eyes, and Soobin knew that he didn't forget.

But Yeonjun didn't say anything, never brought it up, so Soobin shut his mouth too. Maybe Yeonjun wanted to pretend it never happened. Maybe Yeonjun thought it was a dream brought by the alcohol. Maybe Yeonjun simply thought it was a dumb thing between friends. Nevertheless, Soobin could pretend as well, if that was what Yeonjun wanted.

Yeonjun was looking at him, at his spot on the mirror, but there was something there, in his eyes. Something Soobin couldn't figure out, but somehow was still able to understand.

Before he could really think about it, Soobin brought his feet in front of him, shoving himself right into his personal space. Yeonjun responded by resting one of his hands on Soobin's waist.

"Soobin," Yeonjun said, raising a brow. "See something you like?"

It was his usual flirting again, that playful teasing, and usually Soobin would get shy, but right now he didn't feel it - instead, there was heat in his stomach, something like yearning.

Soobin carefully brushed a strand of hair on Yeonjun's forehead. He felt open, somehow, like it wouldn't take a lot for Yeonjun to figure out what he was feeling, as though he was an open book. "Yeah," He breathed out, honest.