Burgundy

Soobin didn't drink much

But when he did, he felt like floating.

It wasn't even anything fancy, just a beer they bought at the grocery store. They shared one bottle, and still, Soobin felt nice as though there were stars dancing behind his eyelids.

God, he was such a lightweight.

That was fine, though, because Yeonjun was the same. They were in Yeonjun's room, leaning against his bed, sitting on the floor with their legs stretching across the carpet. It was a bit uncomfortable, with the bed frame on his neck, but Soobin still felt dizzy and like he could do anything.

Right now, though, he just wanted to enjoy the silence with Yeonjun.

No one spoke for a few minutes, just them breathing with each other, the atmosphere calm and pleasant. He needed this, even for a small moment, after the stressful week they had just went through. Soobin knew Yeonjun felt it too, the pressure, and he was good at hiding it, but Soobin had long learned how to see right through it.

"You know," Yeonjun said and it sounded raspy, like he had just lost his voice. He found it sexy for some reason. "Don't get me wrong. I know I'm good, but."

Soobin scoffed, finding it funny despite himself, probably because of the alcohol, but he had always liked his confidence, finding comfort in knowing that Yeonjun recognized his worth.

"I know I can do a lot better. It's like - I see myself performing and I know I did good but I can't help thinking there were parts I could've done better, or just - maybe if I did this, instead of that... or, I don't know. I just want to be - perfect, I guess."

Yeonjun was rambling, Soobin could tell, his words slurring together. Idly, he noticed that their shoulders were bumping, but he still scooted closer, craving for his warmth.

Soobin thought about Yeonjun. His eyes, his lips, his soft hands - always helping, always seeking, never faltered in supporting the group's back. He thought about his kind smile, his laugh, his voice, the way he closed his eyes when he was overwhelmed. He thought about his touch, the way he shivered when they got too close.

Soobin thought about the pretty red of his cheeks and it made him blush, too.

"You are." Soobin said, not because of anything, but because it was true.

"Huh?"

"You are." Soobin repeated, smiling to the ceiling. "You want to be perfect. But you already are."

The silence stretched out after but he didn't mind.