Cerise

It happened again when they were watching a movie together in the living room

It happened again when they were watching a movie together in the living room. Soobin, Yeonjun, and Taehyun were crammed on the sofa, while Beomgyu and Hueningkai were on the floor, leaning on their legs.

They were watching an action movie, a title he didn't even remember, but it was quite entertaining. He kept dozing off, and in the middle of it, when the two main characters were dramatically exchanging goodbyes, Yeonjun's hand that was previously on his shoulder came up to his ear, and then cheek, pinching.

"Soobinnie." Yeonjun whispered, teasing. "Baby."

His heart raced, like it was going to beat right out of his chest. He knew the others heard it too with the way Beomgyu looked up to see what was going on, Hueningkai following suit. Even Taehyun sent them a side glance, his brow shooting up, but as always, there was that knowing look in his eyes.

Soobin was embarrassed, sure that his whole face was red. It wasn't that he was embarrassed of Yeonjun or anything, it just felt like as if his feelings were being publicly outed, because there was no way they didn't know Soobin was so fucking gone for Yeonjun.

Hueningkai politely ducked his gaze and looked back at the television, but Beomgyu kept staring, tilting his head, challenging, as if he was telling Soobin to get back at Yeonjun.

Soobin hated this. Hated that Yeonjun always revelled in Soobin's bashfulness, hated that he found joy in making Soobin a flustered mess.

He didn't give in. Instead, he turned his head to look back at him, their faces inches apart, just a breath away -

"Yeah, hyung?"

Yeonjun sunk back, retreating his hand as if he had been burned. His eyes were round, glassy, surprised. Soobin cornered him like that to the edge of the sofa, leaning in, just a little, staring right at his eyes.

For a moment, Soobin forgot where he was. Their eyes met, but Yeonjun averted his gaze, as usual, to somewhere on his left, and this time Soobin didn't let him get away with it. He followed his gaze so their eyes could meet again, and as they did, Soobin whispered, in the same teasing way Yeonjun did before.

"What is it, baby?"

Soobin could hear Beomgyu's snicker, but all he could pay attention to was the rising color on Yeonjun's cheeks, pretty red.