Third Wheeling.

I think the only TW I should put is hair pulling again because of Sonic, but other then that; Enjoy!!

<3rd person POV>
Tails was a little concerned about Sonic after he decided to leave his place to give him space to take everything in. He understood that it's not easy to just move away from what you think of as home so suddenly. Especially for Sonic since he never really went through change too much before.

He walked until he was out of the forest and made his way home pretty slowly, but that didn't really matter. He unlocked the door and walked inside, shutting it behind him. Tails decided it would be more efficient to start clearing out one of his rooms now. Unless Sonic wanted to move in with Shadow, which he would have to ask about that.

As he sat down on the couch and thought about it for much too long to be considered normal he finally realized something.

"They like each other!" He practically jumped up and off the couch at his realization. They hang out so much, they hug, and Shadow nor Sonic like hugging anybody! Well, Sonic hugs Tails but that's it. Now that he put the pieces together himself he wonders if Sonic even knows what that feeling is, of course there's a big chance he does but he has been in the forest his whole life.

Tails started pacing the room in a surprisingly quick manner. His mind was creating different scenarios on how to make them realize since he really didn't want to be third wheeling, that is if Shadow finally got along with him. He would have to eventually since Tails was basically Sonic's brother but that's for the future, not the present. Right now he had to come up with some sort of plan to get them to realize they like each other if it wasn't already obvious enough.

<With Sonic and Shadow> (Shadow's POV)

After a while Sonic calmed down for the most part. He still doesn't know if he's truly okay though so I decided to sit with him for a time longer. Occasionally I felt Sonic try to tug at his quills again, but I pulled his hands away from them. I wondered what was wrong but I didn't want to push an answer out of him so I stayed quiet.

He eventually gave up on tugging at his quills, and I unintentionally let out a sigh of relief at that fact. He had his head rested in my shoulder the entire time, and at one point I put my own head on his. We stayed like that for what I think was at least over and hour, may be two.

Once I knew he was going to be okay I let go, and he quickly did the same. I looked at him after we both let go, my eyes locking with his emerald green ones. I felt like I couldn't look away, it was as if he felt the same way since we held eye contact for a minute or three. After that I forced myself to avert my gaze away from his eyes that looked almost like they were glowing from how the sunlight shining through his make-shift door hit them.

"I'm sorry you saw me like that.." He looked down as I looked back at him in disbelief. Why was he saying sorry for something like that?? It doesn't make any sense to me, he doesn't need to say sorry for crying. I hugged him again to add an emphasis on my next statement.

"You don't have to say sorry, you haven't done anything wrong." He seemed surprised by my gesture and may be even what I said. Eventually he hugged me back as I felt him relax.

<With Tails> (Tails' POV)

I can barely believe it! Shadow and Sonic of all people liking someone?! Let alone it being each other! Neither one have seemed like the lind of people to like anyone but all the signs are there, and very obvious too now that I think about it more deeply then before. They still somehow haven't noticed though.

I was pacing in my living room trying to figure out how to get them to realize they like each other. They obviously weren't going to figure it out on their own so I'll push them along a little bit. Now that I'm thinking about it more deeply I realized that it's crazy that they fell for each other, but that's not the point of all this.

I mean I could just tell them both outright but that's now fun, and they might not believe me. Plus with that I don't want to risk me going to the hospital for Shadow.(/J)
I could try giving them both small hints? But what hints could I give them? Why is this so hwrd to figure out?! Or! I could leave notes where only they will see them that eventually lead to them having to figure it out? No, that wouldn't work.

I kept pacing while I was thinking, but I couldn't seem to come up with anything that would work for them. I guess I'll just have to awkwardly third wheel, won't this just be so much fun.

I hope you liked this, it took me a while to figure out what I would put in every. Single. Paragraph. But other than I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it! (Or more because I was anxious the whole time but-) BYEEE!!