Shadow's Visit.

If you notice the change in how I seperate my paragraphs it's just because I'm trying to make my format a little easier to read so don't mind it! Enjoy~!

<Shadow's POV>
I was walking down the street completely aware of some of the people doing their daily routines avoiding me. I had decided to take my time getting to Sonic's.. Home? Whatever it is he made it cozy which is weird for me to say.

I watched as the ground below me gradually changed from stone and modern streets to grassy and wild terrain while I made my way into the forest where Sonic lived. He had surprised me by even suggesting the idea of being friends, but weirdly I accepted the request out of curiosity and got myself caught in the friendship. Not that I was complaing honestly, he was good company to get away from Rouge every once in a while. She was a great friend but I did need a break from her.

I was still walking when I saw blue and red out of the corner of my eye. I turned my head while I slowed my walk to a stop to see two flowers. I made my way over to them and gently picked them out of the ground. I'm not sure what but something about them drew me into wanting to keep them, they were so pretty. I shook myself out of the small trance I was in as I hid the flowers in my quills while I began walking to his–cave? place, home?–whatever. It was something, and Soniv was there so I was okay with it.. WAIT WHA-

                   ~At Sonic's Cave Thing~

I made it to his very customized area after a while of strolling through the forest, and knocked on the stone that had leaves hanging from it before waving the leaves out of the way and entering.

"Shadz~!" There was his ador- annoying. voice again. What the hell do I keep thinking!

"I've told you at least twenty time to not call me that already hedgehog." I growled at the cobalt hedgehog who looked a lot alike me that was now standing directly in front of me.

"Well atleast I'm not calling you edge-lord anymore eh?" He ran behind me and exited his.. fucking abode Idk, while I followed him without thinking.

"Although you haven't stopped calling me 'hedgehog', still think you could come up with a better insult than that can't you?" He kept talking almost as if he didn't have anyone to talk to but I know that yellow fox came around here often enough to give someone a migraine from his consistent talking of scientific bullshit.

"Would you prefer faker?" He gave me a look.

"Where'd faker come from Shadz?" I 'hated' that nickname he gave me.

"You look like a copy of me, just a horribly blinding blue." He laughed at that, I just insulted him and he laughed? I'm seriously considering getting him therapy.

"Very funny. I find my blue quills to be amazing, may be they're just too great so you can't handle it." I rolled my eyes at his comment as I watched him climb a tree in which he ended up laying down in, I stood a few feet from the base of the tree looking up at the branch he was resting on. The way his Spinel-gem quills shone in the sun was.. STOP-

"You okay Shadow? You seem zoned out." I snapped back to reality to realize he had moved to infront of me and was waving his annoying hand in my face. I swatted it away as I glared ice at him.

"Get your damn hands out of my face faker, I'm fine." I snapped, but at the same time I somehow didn't sound half as harsh as I did with anyone else.

"Geez–" He put his hands to his chest in a defensive manner which only made me scoff.

"–No need to be so snappy, I was just making sure you were okay." His tone was half defensive-half playful which I had gotten used to, but I still hated it. And that half-assed smile, it was so obviously fake that I wondered how some people even fell for it.

"Hello~? You're zoning out again." Atleast he didn't put his hands in my face again.

"Shut up faker." I shooed him away half-heartedly as I began to walk back out of the woods when I remembered the flowers I had put in my quills.

"Wait! You're leaving so quickly, did I say something wrong?" His voice sounded guilty which made me sigh. I stopped.

"No, I have things to do Sonic. Unlike you." I ran away before he could respond again, and didn't look behind me to see his expression since I knew I'd regret it if I did. Once I knew I was far enough into the forest so he wouldn't come looking for me I stopped and sat down on a log which seemed to be a fallen tree. I pulled the two flowers from my quills and looked at them for an extended moment while I thought about why I might have such a strong connection to them.

Flowers?? The ultimate life form???? AND FLOWERS?😱 Jk, but I think yk what they represent 🤭.
Also I've been reading this rly cool Sonadow story made by SableThedgehog called Summer on Sonic St. ! Ya'll should check it out frfr.