Ch 9

Batcave

Once again Batman sat in front of a supercomputer looking at a picture of three bodies with bullet wounds in them surrounded by caution tape.

Signaled by a drawing of a red oni on the wall he could tell it was done by the newly formed Daruma gang from the Narrows. It wasn't the first murder left behind by them but what stood out about this one was where it was done.

It was common knowledge Bane ran Burnside so for something like this to be done and left behind in the area let the hero know that they were much more dangerous than he thought.

On another screen, the AI was hacking into multiple security cameras around the area trying to find those involved and just when luck looked like it was running out Batgirl walked up from behind and stood next to him.

"Tell me you've found something?" He asked not bothering to look at her opting to study the three mugshots of the newly found murderers that had just popped up.

She smiled and tapped the side of her helmet twice sending pictures of three buildings and men wearing Daruma jackets to the third and final screen to the right.

"I have indeed. These three run each of the stash houses Daruma has around the Narrows, now while I haven't been able to locate the bosses or their main base of operations it should be enough for GCPD to put out a RICO and round them up."

He narrowed his eyes at the pictures and swiped them all into a file before standing and walking away. "Not yet, I want to get them all off the streets at once. Continue your search."

Narrows

At the chop shop Dom sat behind a desk with a pile of uncounted money on his left and a few stacks of counted wrapped and labeled on his right.

The twins hadn't been back in a while, probably occupied with something else so it fell on him to count the weeks earnings. Not that he was complaining though since he enjoyed doing it.

When he was about halfway done a lightning strike was heard outside and Billy came walking into the room soon after with a bag around his shoulder." That's it for all the stash houses."

Dom took the bag and dumped all the money out starting his count again." You Thor or something?" He asked not bothering to look up from what he was doing.

Billy stopped mid step and slowly turned back around with some sweat dropping from his brow." Huh?"

"Right before you come in, lightning strikes, every time, without fail. Now either you're Thor or the big man himself wants you gone."

The younger teen fidgeted in his spot for a few seconds before Dom stacked all the money into the safe and stood walking past him." Let's go, we got some business to handle."

Riding down the streets of his territory in his charger Billy sat in the passenger seat while two members of his crew sat in the back. It was time for his daily round to make sure all was well in the Narrows.

He pulled up next to the curb of a dealing spot where a group of 5 Daruma members stood and waited for one to get close before rolling down his window." Whats todays score?"

"We're down by one boss, Banes crew keeps coming in looking for whoever was in Burnside last night."

As the two kept talking Billy was trying to make sense of what was going on. Up until now his job was to simply delivering bags to different locations so for him to be here on a ride along was a little scary for him.

While he had thought of asking to become a full fledge members there was a few things that were conflicting with his other side. One was the prospect of having to do something truly immoral like stealing or even taking a life.