Misfortune

Lunch was slow and agonizing thanks to the events before, but soon as threw my trash away the bell for lunch to end rang and I went to go meet them outside. My brother was snickering when I arrived and Chris was completely avoiding both me and William, this is really starting to get old.

“Well ok guys” he started between stifled laughs “let’s get going I heard there’s some great movies out now.” Silence was hurtful as we continued to walk with the plaza in view; William pouted and told us to liven up. We entered the plaza area and the clouds were darker than before, great rain. William, Chris and I started walking towards the movies when alarms went crazy.

“Aww man, Chris they caught me!” he said. Just then as the alarms continue to go off the ground began to shake and rumble and I ran frightened. I didn’t know where I was running but my body was too scared of the shakes from the ground as I ran towards the movie theaters entrance. “Kim! Kim wait!” I had reached the entrance when I turned around William was coming yelling all the way, with Chris a little ways away. I used hand gestures to tell him hurry quick but as soon as he got close the ground shook violently and part of the floor started to give in and then William was gone.

I tried hard and loud to scream his name but nothing would come out I started to cry and run towards the opening when Chris caught a hold of me. ”Kim don’t you’ll fall to.” Chris kept holding on to me throughout all my thrashing. Why won’t he just let me go! “William!” Chris was now yelling loud “William answer me! I need to know if your still there damnit!” What?! I wasn’t going to sit by and let Chris decide whether he’s dead or not! I continue to fight Chris’s hold when I heard something “stop……yelling idiot…get Kim…... Out of here...” I tried to run to him but wasn't able to “I’m going but I’m coming right back with help you hear? “ Chris began jogging with me in tow but stopped completely and I looked up at him and followed his sight when I saw it as well. Well we're screwed now.