The Hidden message

Then it began all over again. The earth began to shake as the destructive earthquake passed as the opening act for the next disaster, a severe storm washed across the battered area. I was still down in the crater looking up to the crevice above me. The figure from before was in the crevice but as it came close, the air began to rush by picking up its pace until off in the distance debris began to spin around the winds currents.  I felt arms encircle me and pull me close as the ground shook and--- “Kim.ber.ly wake up damnit I’m not doing this everyday hurry up and get ready Chris is waiting outside for us already!”

I push my brother out of my room, there is something wrong with these dreams they become nightmares more often. I got dressed fast and headed outside only to see an annoyed brother and an overly happy Chris. “Well good morning sleeping beauty we’ve got a long day ahead of us.” “Chris shut up” my brother interrupted “were already late as it is so we don’t need your early pick up lines.”   “Yeah whatever just trying to liven up today, no need to be a stick in the mud.” As we entered the school the routine began with that annoying bell ringing. “Welcome and good morning class, today is going to be a special assignment so please hurry and sit down!” The class started to settle down once she said that then she began when the bell rang for class. “Ok class today we will be working on a group project and since this class is two periods long you have lots of time to complete it!”I frowned at this, I hated group work relying on people wasn’t my thing. “And now for the groups.”

This was annoying I continued to think of other things I could be doing than this, when the teacher was waving her hands in my direction “Kimberly! I know you’re just brainstorming tons of fascinating ideas for the group project, but must pay attention from now on!”I smile sheepishly as she continued “Chris, Kimberly and Sarah you three are our last group, so with that everyone get to work!!” Suddenly a voice popped up “Sooo guys whose drawing and what are we drawing?” before I even had a chance to pint out some of my ideas she squealed out “Oh I know it should something adorable or dramatic.”  “Or ” Chris started “we could let the talent and choice of drawing go to the one who can actually do it, while me and you devise a presentation?” I smirked a little; thank god someone said something because she was one ‘adorable’ word from some duck tape! “Oh ok great lets gets started A-team!” Chris started laughing and mocking her while I just rolled my eyes and began to work.

It’s been 30 minutes so far and no luck, nothing has come to mind and I’ve thrown away at least 20 posters! Chris and Sarah were coming up with presentation timings when it hit me, dramatic! My dreams would be a perfect background for a ‘dramatic’ scene and it would recreate just great being recent and all! I was vigorously drawing my scene when teacher called time so the groups could work together the pictures and the presentations. “I call dibs on first look of the drawing….” came Sarah, but her voiced died out as she saw the drawing. “Kim this is really good but its so disturbingly real looking.” Chris came by and also looked at me but with a shocked look “Yeah Kim it really is disturbingly…..real…” but fixed what he said “Well if your into that kind of setting id call it sadistic, something you’re not telling us?” I punched him in the arm and allowed them to do their part of the project, while I stared wistfully outside the window.