Chapter 11

*Clarke's POV*

I am running through the forest, Bellamy and Lincoln just behind me. We are following Octavia, she is like 400 meters ahead of us.

We have been walking/running for half an hour now, where could she be going? She is heading south, so she cannot be going to the Dropship, Mount Weather or the river. She is exploring ground we haven't even seen yet.

So far, Bellamy and Lincoln have had two arguments. Although I don't know how they managed to have two shouting contests, in just thirty minutes, without Octavia noticing.

They both think they are superior to one another and both claim they love Octavia the most.

They have been silent for a few minutes now so I brace myself for the next argument.

Surprisingly, it stays quiet for the next two minutes.

Then Bell suddenly points to the trees ahead of us and says: "Look, there is someone in there."

I squint my eyes, trying to see the person he is pointing at and see that there indeed is a person in one of the trees.

We have halted to a stop and we are standing behind a tree now.

"Can you see if it is a boy or a girl, Bellamy?" Lincoln asks.

"I think it is a girl, but I am not sure though."

I look at Octavia, who has stopped and is now whistling some kind of melody.

I find this weirder than that time when she went chasing butterflies.

As soon as Octavia finishes her "song", the person in the tree starts climbing down.

"When will we go there?" I ask Bellamy.

"When she is on the ground, I guess", he replies, although it sounds more like a question than like a statement.

When the person is standing on the ground, I see that it indeed is a girl. She is not older than 6 and is now hugging Octavia.

Bellamy and Lincoln look at the little girl in disbelieve, they probably were expecting some kind of hot guy, with whom Octavia would have a secret affair with.

I laugh quietly and they look at me with a questioning look, "What is so funny?" Lincoln asks.

"Did both of you seriously think Octavia ran off every time to go frickle-frackling with some guy?"

They look at each other and nod simultaneously.

"Didn't you, Princess?" Bellamy asks, confused.

"No, to be honest: I expected something like this. I am just wondering who this girl is, now."

"Let's go find that out." Lincoln replies.

Bellamy steps away from the tree first, then Lincoln and then me. Octavia hasn't noticed us and the girl hasn't either.

We slowly walk up to them, trying to be quiet, when Bellamy falls to the ground.

This alerts me and Octavia, while I rush to his side immediately, Octavia draws a knife, not recognizing us yet, and almost throws it towards her boyfriend.

It turns out that Bellamy is fine and that he just tripped over a branch, being the stupid asshole that he is.

You don't think he is an asshole, Clarke. Actually, you may kind of enjoy his company.

You may even like him.

A lot.

My (weird) thoughts are interrupted by the girl next to Octavia, she lets out a scream and points at Bellamy, looking like she has just seen a ghost and starts to cry.