Chapter 2

*Bellamy's POV*

"What are you doing here?" Indra presses a spear against my chest, it draws a little bit of blood.

"We came here to talk to Lexa, about the alliance." Abby tells Indra. She joined Harper and me despite various complaints from Kane, who told her that she needed to recover. I kind of agree with him, but I know that Abby is as stubborn as her daughter, which makes arguing useless.

It was my idea to negotiate with the grounders because we can't afford to lose anymore people, Harper joined because I needed someone that is good with a gun. Octavia and Jaspers are great shooters too, but they can't know about this.

I would of course want O and Jasper to join us, but O would talk me out of it saying it is too dangerous and Jasper looks more like a walking corps nowadays.

Which is Clarke and my fault. We did what we had to do to safe them.

Clarke. I wonder where she is, if she has set up a camp, and most importantly: is she even alive?

Princess is a big girl, she has to be alive. She probably found the guns, knifes and ammunition I had brought to the dropship the evening she left.

I know, that was risky. What if a grounder had found it? But I couldn't just let her go without weapons.

"What makes you think you have the right to talk to Lexa?" Indra replies, pushing the spear further into my chest, drawing more blood. It is starting to get uncomfortable now.

"Who is there?" Lexa calls from the tent.

"Bellamy Blake and Abigail Griffin." I reply, Harper is waiting outside camp with the guns because it didn't seem ideal to leave them there.

Lexa exits the tent, "Where is your leader?" "Bellamy here is our leader." Abby replies.

"Indra, please step aside." Lexa commands.

The spear withdraws from my body and I sigh, feeling better.

When Clarke left, The Sky People needed a new leader. Abby, Kane and I were the ones that could be voted for.

I won with at least 70% of the votes.

"No, I mean Clarke."

"Clarke is not in our camp anymore." I reply.

Lexa looks a little taken aback and asks: "Why?"

I look at Abby and she nods, silently telling me that I can tell Lexa.

"You see, when you left us at Mount Weather, we had to get our people out. In the end Clarke and I saw no other way to get them out but to irradiate level 5. We got our people out of there, went back to camp. Clarke told me she didn't want to go back into camp because she couldn't bare to see our friends everyday, knowing we had killed all those people and feeling extremely guilty. Then she left."

Lexa looks taken aback and takes a few seconds to reply. ''Well, I won't negotiate with anyone other than Clarke.''

I saw that one coming.

''Commander, please let us try to fix this alliance, admit it: you need our weapons and we need your fighters.''

''We are grounders, we can take care of ourselves, we are strong enough to kill all of your people, even if you have guns. I am not interested in another alliance. Maybe Gustus was right after all, sky people cannot be trusted. Besides, even if I were to consider this proposition, my people would never want to be in an alliance with you again. ''

''What did my people do to make yours hate them? What did we do wrong? Because the last time we saw eachother I recall your people being led out of Mount Weather by you. We didn't break the alliance, you did, you ruined every last chance of peace. We helped you save your people and you repaid us by leaving us to die at Mount Weather. I don't see my people being the bad guys here, but yours.''

I turn around, ready to head back to Harper but Abby isn't finished yet.

''You might only trust my daugher, although I don't know for what reason you would only trust Clarke and none of us, but I am her mother. I raised her and am more than willing to do anything to fix this alliance, because she wants us to fix it too. We have weapons and you have fighters, we could only make eachother stronger by trying this. We are desperate for a little peace and I am sure you are too. Please Commander, try to get your people to consider it, because I know you want it. ''

I think Abby is right on every point, except for one: Clarke wouldn't want to get back into an alliance with the Grounders, but we have to. We won't be able to survive if we don't go back into an alliance with them, all of us will die, and all those years in space trying to get back to earth will be wasted.

Lexa's expression softens as she replies to Abby: ''Leave. I will set up a meeting with my people and ask them if they are still willing to fight for this alliance. I'll send some of my men when we have worked everything out.''

''Thank you, Commander.'' I reply, feeling relieved.

This time Abby joins me as I head back to Harper. I can tell she has a good feeling about this alliance.

Abby and Clarke are polar opposites on one side, and exact copies on the other: Clarke is though and a fighter, but doesn't trust anyone easily. Abby is a fighter too, and very though, but she trusts anyone. She doesn't have the walls that Clarke built around herself. Those walls of steel.

They weren't there when I first met her. The ground destroyed her.

The ground destroyed all of us.

Maybe it destroyed me the most.