Chapter 5

*Clarke's POV*

As I push open the heavy entrance door to Mount Weather, I want to turn and run away immediately.

Inhaling deeply, I step inside and close the heavy door. I look around and to my surprise, some of the lamps are still working. Only a few of the lamps, but enought for me to see.

I take a better look and see the first body.

It is a man, I estimate him in his thirties and he was a guard, judging by the uniform he is wearing. He probably died trying to protect his people, just like I was trying to protect mine at the time.

Looking away from the man's body, I walk down the hallway and take the hidden staircase to level 5.

If I am going to have to see it, than let's get it over with.

My calves are burning by the time I reach level 5, after all this time of just walking on flat ground, making another movement with my legs hurts.

After I briefly closed my eyes, I open the door to reveal hundreds of bodies.

I know I have seen it before, but that doesn't make it any easier.

I force my legs to move and walk towards the dining tables. I spot a little boy, his hands still on his football and a little girl who is still holding her doll.

A man, with his face in a bord of soup. If I wasn't in this situation, I would have laughed.

I continue and see a boy and a girl, probably around 15 years old each, lying on the floor, holding hands.

By the time I make it to the last dining tables, my hands are shaking and tears are streaming down my face.

The blisters on their bodies don't bother me, he thing that frightens me the most, is that these people all have their eyes open. It doesn't look like they are peacefully sleeping, which you always see in movies, it looks like they were brutaly murdered and their souls were ripped from their bodies.

Which they were.

There is no one to bury them, no one left to mourn them, no one left to close their eyes to make it look like they are sleeping and there is no one of their loved ones left to remember them.

The only one left is the killer.

Me, in this case.

Bellamy can say all he wants but I was the one who came with the idea and I was the one who gave Monty the command.

I get down on my knees and cry, mourn for them and remember them.

***

When I get up, I have lost track of time. I don't know if it has been four hours since I arrived, or twelve. All I know is that I have to get out of level 5, fast.

My legs carry me to the door, but as I pass the little boy and girl, I kneel down and close their eyes.

I then move on and turn around as soon as I have reached the door, I look around one last time and notice something that I should've noticed before: Maya isn't here, no one who helped us is here.

I smile, realizing that my people probably took them and burried them together with our lost ones.

I then swear to never forget this, I would love to forget it, but these people deserve to be remembered.

My eyes still bright red from crying, I whisper: ''I am so, so sorry.''

Having said that, I push open the door and head to the other side of level 5, feeling as if I have somehow beat one of my fears.

***

I wake up in one of the bunk beds in the dorm where my friends were held hostage. It is the only place I associate with ''safe'' in this mountain.

It might seem a little strange, but I have had the best night rest in ages today, talk about irony.

Getting dressed, I decide I have to explore today, to find out about everything in this mountain.

My first destinations are: medical and the harvest chamber where all the Grounders were held prisoners in.

It is creepy, being completely silent. My footsteps echo through the pit and I find myself wondering for how long Mount Weather had been locking up Grounders and using them for their blood.

As soon as I have seen enough, I continue and head to the control room, which seems to be one of the only dark places. The electricity was shut off completely here, probably due to the destruction of the dam's energy source.

Realizing there is nothing to see here, I walk to level 3 and go to the quarantine, where we were kept the day we arrived here.

It is weird seeing it again, I notice that the people here didn't get a chance to restore the glass in my room.

The science labs on the same level are my next destination, as soon as I enter the lab my breath is taken away: mapped out plans are everywhere. Plans for bombs, guns and even plans to make the Mountain men's bloodsystem ready for the ground. These plans are only half finished, they must have stopped these
when they found out they could use our bonemarrow.

The plan for one of the bombs however, is as far as I can tell fully finished and has even been constructed.

It is very small, just as big as my hand, but in its information it says that it can destroy 40 square km.

All these war plans make me wonder what the world would have been like if I hadn't made the decision to kill all these people. I am sure the so called ''Sky People'' and ''Grounders'' would all be dead by now and the Mountain Men would be living happily on the ground.

I have to tell my people to come pick up all these weapons, they could save a lot of lifes on our side.

At that moment, I realize I have to contact Bellamy. To make sure that he is doing okay, to inform about what is going on at the camp, even if it is just to tell him about these weapons, I have to see him.

So I return to the dorm, pick up my stuff and exit Mount Weather.

So much for setting up camp here.

Hellooooo!

Clarke is not sure of what she wants, which is why she is changing her mind constantly.

WARNING: this is just an impulse, please don't expect her to return to camp Jaha and stay there, it is not time for that (yet).

She has faced her fears in this chapter though, by seeing the bodies of the Mountain Men :)

Don't forget to vote!!

BYEEEE