Chapter 42

"So what were you two talking about when I showed up?" Sean smirked letting Owen know he knew exactly what was discussed.

"If you must know, Darling needed some clarification and reassurance on something," Owen said as he cut up her burger for her.

"But everything is okay now?" Axel asked.

"Yes," she nodded.

"Good," Axel smiled at her.

Mia looked down at her ring and bracelet and smiled, "you can tell them, Daddy, if you want."

Owen kissed her temple and intertwined their fingers. "Darling was feeling a little nervous after seeing me kiss Mr. Ravenstahl, Mr. Henshaw, and Mr. Lee—"

"Daddy," Mia shook her head and he let slip a smirk.

"I apologize Darling," he cleared his throat, "I mean Raven, Corey, and Kota," Mia smiled and he kissed their fingers, "anyway, her anxiety was starting to get the best of her so she let me know. I reassured her that she was still in my heart and my girl. She let me know that she was scared I had cheated on her so I told her the truth, that I haven't been with any of you even when her fear got the best of her. She admitted that she thought she would be hurt when I kissed you but instead she liked watching me be with you."

"Does this mean you want to be with us, Mia?" Axel asked.

"I don't know yet," She admitted. "But I am open to the possibility."

"When Mia is ready we will see how she feels about watching me be with you first before we broach the idea of her joining but for right now, she is comfortable with me just kissing you."

"That's great," the group smiled.

"And what about getting kisses from you Doc?" Luke smirked.

"I am fine with it," Owen nodded, "but it will be ultimately up to Darling."

"I don't know yet," she shrugged, "maybe."

"That's fine," Axel nodded, "we're just glad you are willing to think about it."

"Now that is discussed, what happened at the hospital?" Kota asked.

"Oh yeah," Sean chuckled.

"I'm so very proud of you Darling," Owen whispered in Mia's ear. She smiled softly and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Well, I did listen to the call between Pookie and Mr. Thompson before I was included and Dr. Roberts and I did look into the time leave requests. It seems Mr. Thompson and the head nurses were altering the requests. It wasn't just Pookie that they did this too. That's why I had Owen start looking into legal measures. They were also purposely destroying sexual harassment reports and even doctoring some medical files. Overtime was not paid and as I am sure Pookie can verify, many schedules were altered with hours added and days off were switched."

Mia nodded, "I just got into the habit of just showing up everyday to find out what my schedule was because it was always different then what I put in my phone. It's why I didn't protest when they would call me in, because when I would question it, they just made it seem like I forgot or just didn't remember correctly. They way they spoke to me like I was a horrible doctor for questioning them was terrible. I just stopped questioning after a while."

"Well, it's not going to happen anymore," Sean shook his head. "And I want you to promise me that if you have any questions of any kind you come find or call me or Dr. Roberts. There is nothing wrong with asking questions and I don't want this stuff to happen anymore. Can you promise me that, Mia?"

She saw how serious he was and nodded, "Yes Sir."

He smiled, "Great, thank you Pookie."

"What did you, Dr. Roberts, and Owen do?" Kota asked.

"Mr. Thompson and the head nurses have been blacklisted from all the hospitals and Dr. Roberts is putting together some new training for everyone. Dr. Roberts is going to have the final say on hiring new doctors and nurses after he does some very thorough investigations and he is redoing our applications as well. Owen is making them pay some very steep legal fees as well after they have been prosecuted."

"Daddy?" Mia asked softly.

He let slip a smirk, "I will Darling, I promise."

"What?" Luke asked.

"When I was handling the legal work from her grandmother's will, she had me set up a charity account. Any extra money she gets from paychecks or the money she received from the wrongful termination from that one person and some other things she received she had me put into that account. She donates to various charities, like the Bea Arthur foundation, Villalobos, Dr. Jeff's PPP, St. Jude's, Ronald McDonald, other charities for teenagers being kicked out for being themselves, women leaving abusive relationships, charities like that. She was just asking if I would be putting hers into that account."

"I want mine going into Pookie's charity account also, Owen," Sean smiled. "I think it's the perfect place for it to go."

She looked at Sean excitedly, "Does this mean I can go back to work tomorrow?"