Chapter 19

Mia woke up to her alarm blaring and she groaned as she reached over to shut it off. Realizing that the space next to her was empty, she opened her eyes and frowned as it dawned on her that Owen wasn't in bed with her. Turning off the alarm, she gasped softly seeing the bracelet on her right wrist. Sitting up, she touched the bracelet and her breath hitched when she saw the galaxy ring on her left ring finger.

"Oh Owen," she whispered sighing heavily. She remembered clearly telling him that she didn't feel like she deserved it back yet and yet there they were. She got out of bed and headed to the bathroom. As she brushed her teeth, she saw her collar on as well. Heading back to her room to get ready for work, she saw a note on the nightstand by the lamp. Picking it up, she smiled softly at his handwriting.

My Darling,

You look so beautiful sleeping in my arms again. I dread leaving you to go to work but I know we must continue with our routines. Text me when you wake, and I will see you after work unless you decide to visit me before then. I understand that you feel like you don't deserve your jewelry, but you do. Wear them with pride. Your breakfast and lunch are made and waiting for you in the kitchen. Have a good day at work and I love you.

Yours forever,

Daddy

"Owen," she whispered holding the note to her chest. Placing the note back on the nightstand, she picked up her phone.

Good morning

Good morning, Darling.

Thank you for the note and my jewelry.

You are very welcome. Have you had your breakfast yet?

Not yet, I just read the note, I haven't made it downstairs yet.

Enjoy breakfast and have a good day at work. I'll have my phone on me at all times. Text me at any time. I mean it, Mia, open communications.

Yes Sir. I will, I promise.

No signs of dropping?

No but if I do, I will let you know immediately or as soon as I can if I am with a patient, I promise.

Good girl. I love you.

Love you too.

Mia shut her phone and quickly got dressed. Quickly eating her breakfast, she sent Owen another thank you text for making her favorite breakfast sandwich then headed to work. Shaking her head at seeing her car was now full of gas instead of nearly empty like she left it, she headed to work.

The day flew by and before she knew it, her last patient left. She sat down at her desk and started to work on the files on her desk. Her phone pinged, snapping her out of thoughts.

Are you still working? We are having dinner at my family's house, they are already cooking.

She stared at the phone in shock for a bit then frowned, I am still working, have a lot of papers to fill out and file, not sure when I will be finished. Go enjoy dinner with your family.

I will be there in thirty minutes to pick you up.

And what about my car and these papers that I need to handle?

One of the guys are dropping me off so I can drive your car and you can bring your laptop and files with you. I will give you my key to my office and after dinner you can use my office to do your work. You can lock the door so you will keep your patients confidential information intact and don't forget Sean is a doctor so the guys already know the procedure.

You have already thought everything through haven't you?

Yes, everything will be fine, Darling, eta 20 mins

Mia sighed and sat her phone down. Opening the closest file, she got back to work. "Well, this explains why you haven't been answering my messages."

"Oh Owen," Mia gasped jumping at the sudden interruption. "Sorry."

"Don't be," he shook his head, "I know how you get when you are working. But it's time for you to step away and come eat dinner. You can finish later, I promise the guys will leave you be after dinner."

"Alright," she sighed as she saved her work and used a tab sticky note to mark where she was then loaded everything up. Owen took her messenger bag and intertwined their fingers as he led her out of the office. "Oh," she gasped seeing North leaning against Owen's car.

"Hey Mia," he nodded as he pulled the car keys out of his pocket. "Have a good day at work?"

"Yes," she said as Owen unlocked her car and opened the passenger seat after placing her bag and purse in the backseat. "Thank you."

She noticed that North followed behind Owen on the way to their house, which kind of confused her since she thought he was just going to drop Owen off but she didn't feel right questioning what was happening. Instead she decided to just observe but then she started second guessing herself since Owen was pretty adamant about having open conversation.

Sighing she finally decided to just ask, "Owen?"

"Yes?" he asked as he switched lanes and North followed with ease.

"I thought you were just being dropped off."

"We try not to drive alone if possible if we've been working long hours," he explained. "Plus, with some drivers being reckless, especially at night, we feel better if we have someone following to help keep an eye on us and other drivers, the person following can see around us better than we can at times. The family offered to have one of them that hadn't been working or had shorter hours come get you, but I knew you weren't ready for that yet, so we compromised and had one of them follow us."

"Oh," she said looking out the window.

"Thank you for asking," he said as he turned down a road that was surrounded by trees on both sides of the road. "The family is excited to see you again."

She didn't answer as she continued to watch the trees pass by. Her stomach was starting to churn as her nerves began to get the best of her. "I don't know..."