Chapter 19 ⭐️

(They're in the boys' room in this chapter)

Tsukasa's POV:

Just as they had promised, the girls came back on Saturday, both still with sand in their hair and smelling of the ocean. While the two had been bringing their bags upstairs, they had run into Tess and they chatted for a while.

Emu said she liked the other girl, but just like me, Nene had her suspicions

"She's too...cheerful" she frowned as we played a game of cards together "and not Emu cheerful, it's like... eerie? Also she kept bringing up Rui, watch yourself, she's obviously got the hots for him, I'd claim him before she can"

"I know, it's obvious she likes him, but how do I make it obvious I like him?" I sighed

Neither of us worried about being walked in on by Rui because he and Emu were out picking up lunch, and wouldn't be back for a while. This gave us the opportunity to talk about our shared thoughts.

"Well, it's obvious to everyone else you do" she shrugged "but he's clearly oblivious, he's always been stupid like that"

"Yeah... not the best on social cues" I said, shaking my head

Nene sighed, looking at her cards and then back up at me

"Are you sure you're not oblivious either?" She asked, putting a card down

"What do you mean?" I questioned, looking through my own deck for one to play

"Are you sure you're picking up on the signs too?"

"What signs?"

Nene shook her head and frowned

"What signs could I possibly be talking about right now? Traffic?"

The gears in my head began to turn as we continued our game.

'Does she mean what I think she means? Does he actually like me too?' A flame of hope began to burn in my chest 'I guess it would kind of make sense'

Across from me, Nene chuckled and threw her remaining cards down

"I win" she smirked and my jaw dropped

"Dammit" I groaned tossing my deck down and throwing my head back

"Nehe" she chuckled, leaning backwards to stretch out her back, smiling a little when she heard a few decent pops

"You should see a chiropractor, you've got gamers back" I suggested as I picked up the cards, shuffling them for another round

"The hell is that?" She frowned, now cracking her knuckles, although nothing about her was truly "threatening"

"What does it sound like? You sit over a switch all day and mess your neck up" as said obviously

"Whatever" the other grumbled, picking up the cards as I passed them out

We played together for another couple minutes before I decided to bring up the Rui topic again, still feeling rather...shy? I'm not sure but there were definitely butterflies.

"So...you were saying about Rui? He likes me too" I asked again

"Oh my god your stupid," Nene groaned, throwing her head back "Yes what do you think I mean moron?"

My face lit up, and a stupid smile painted itself on my face. So this confirms it, he actually likes me too.

"When are you gonna ask him out?" the greenette questioned, tossing down a card

I thought for a moment. When would be a good day and time to ask Rui out. I ran through all of the events we had going on in the next two weeks, until I remembered Tess's party.

"Maybe Thursday?" I said

"Why Thursday?" Nene asked, but before I could answer she remembered "Oh yeah, that party"

I nodded and threw a card down into the pile.

"Isn't that a bit cliche? And what if the musics to loud and he can't hear you?" She thought aloud and I sighed

"Then I'll drag him into a quieter spot and tell him so he can hear. Also I know it's cliche, but isn't that what makes things more memorable sometimes?"

"True true"

We later finished our round and soon enough Emu and Rui came back. I packed the game back up while we got some plates out and dished ourselves, before sitting down on the floor.

"How was the walk?" I asked, shoving a piece of chicken in my mouth

"Chilly! It's colder here for sure!" Emu exclaimed, leaning onto her fiancés shoulder

"Yup, weather forecast says it's supposed to start snowing this month" Rui added through a full mouth

"Swallow before you speak" I frowned and he wiggled his eyes brows at me, my frown only deepening

"Kinky" he teased

"Shut the fuck up you ass" I scolded, smacking the back of his head gently and everyone else giggled

It made sense that it would start snowing soon though. The weather has been awfully weird lately and we've been getting a lot of heat waves lately, that's why the girls went to the beach trip, but it looked like everything was finally smoothing out.

We finished eating at the girls stayed a little later to chat before dismissing themselves back to their own room, waving goodnight before walking out and away.

Rui and I got ready for bed and turned on some YouTube. It didn't take long for Ru to fall asleep, but for me it was quite the opposite.

My heart and my mind was racing. I now had confirmation that Rui Kamishiro, my crush of a few years now, liked me back. Just the mere thought alone of kissing him made me wiggle with happiness.

I turned over to face him, watching as his chest rose and fell peacefully as he slept on. His colorful hair falling over his face cutely.

God I'm so in love with him.

———————————————————————

RAHHHHH IM STILL IN SCHOOL TIL THURSDAY SAVE ME BRO 😭 💀

also nenes a girlboss.