Chapter 25

*Gaia King's POV:*

My eyes shot open after the back of my head hit against the wall of the van. It was shaking vigorously, going over unkempt road that seemly hasn't been fixed for years.

A sharp pain formed in my neck as I moved it upward, slowly lifting my head from Beval's shoulder. He was asleep, but still in pain.

The only ones up was Celosia, Isabella and Katie. Katie and Isabella huddled together. Isabella grabbed Katie's hand as she prayed in Spanish. I couldn't understand what was being said, but I just knew she was praying over us.

Even though I considered myself Christian, I didn't care for prayer anymore. God didn't matter at that moment. Nothing did.

I stared out into the darkness as the whooshing sound of cars passed by, their light shining into the van, but only for so long. I didn't bother to look to see where we were. Like I said, I didn't care.

But there was one thing I did care for at that moment: the people I loved.

I thought about my family and where they were. I haven't seen Thomas or our parents but I just knew they were in the vans. Whether they left before we arrived or not is a mystery.

More anxiety kicked in as I thought about what will become of them, if they will die like us, or be imprisoned for the rest of their lives. What if they were taken to another facility, and I'll never see them again?

How could we have been so stupid? How could we have been so trusting?!!

Betrayal has happened to us before and now it's happening again. This time, the set up was with someone who we considered an acquaintance, not necessarily a "friend".

"I swear, if I ever see Alex again I will tear him to bits", I thought to myself.

He basically sentenced us to death and I'm sure he won't tell Shimizu or Danny what has become of us. That I know. But with no way of telling Shimizu or Danny, how could they help us?

I truly hope that Danny gets a vision, and soon. Our lives depended on it.

Memories filled by head as I sat there, tears slowly streaming down my cheeks.

"Wow! Check this out!", Shimizu said with excitement as he looked into an abandoned jail cell. "The toilets are all destroyed!"

"This place is kind of scary. Don't you think Robin? I mean, serial killers were once here", I asked, hanging onto her arm tightly.

"I think it's pretty cool. If you're so scared, you can wait for us outside and let us know when the boat comes", Celosia sneered, knowing what my answer will be.

It was a memory of my parents taking us on a trip to Alcatraz. This was December 2018, six years ago. We were fourteen. We just met Shimizu a few months prior.

I remembered staring back at Mina and Beval. They were holding hands as they read a historical poster about Al Capone, ten feet away from us. I remembered the fire that formed in the pit of my stomach seeing that.

"Jug! Jug! Jug! Jug!", Thomas shouted, challenging me to drink an entire carton of milk. I threw up everywhere on the floor shortly after. We used mom's good towels to clean it up before they found out, but wasn't successful. Me and Thomas almost got the belt for that.

That was a memory of a summer where we were on vacation. I was seven.

"Yesss! Work it Gaia!", I heard Celosia cheer.

"Yeah Gaia!", Shimizu clapped.

I remembered hearing a loud "woohoo"  from Beval as well.