Oasis

“Jai, would you mind explaining me this problem again?” Maya looked at me with a puppy face.
“Arey, why would I mind solving it for the fifth time?” I forced a broad smile.
We had solved two problems in total since last one hour and she's stuck on the second problem from past forty-five minutes. If she hadn't been Maya, I wouldn't have solved it more than twice. But she's Maya actually!
”Sorry, Jai. You would have come up on the fact till now that I am a dumb in Maths.” I could see her throwing her hands in air.
“Hey, It's totally ok. I can solve it for you a million more times.”
Wait! What did I just say??
“Huh?” She blushed,“What do you mean by ‘for me’?” She took her mobile near to her face.
“D-Don't take it in wrong way. I meant, you are my friend, why would I mind helping you?” I tried to make an eye contact with her to make her ensured I wasn't lying"Aww. Why are you sounding too cute?"
I rolled my eyes and looked away frok her involuntarily.
"Really?" I tried to sound like her calling me cute hadn't sent a billions of butterflies down my stomach or maybe a bucketful rush of dopamine down my mind.
"Yea. Really." She fell down to her left side while chuckling and suddenly sat up with a frowned emote on her face.
"What happened?"
Did I just said or do something wrong? 
"I don't want to do this anymore."
"Do what?"
She picked up the Mathematics book and showed it to me, "This."
"But we haven't even done two problems completely."
"That's not what matters. What matters is, we have been studying since last one hour."
I smiled at her and shook my face.
"What? I am serious."
"So what do you want? Break?"
She shook her face like a five-year adamant girl.
"Then what?"
"Let's do it tomorrow. It has already ruined so precious five hours of my day."
"Five?"
"Hmm. Like, at the tuition for an hour, three hours of self-studying it myself which was in itself a waste of time and other one hour with you." She pushed the book away and yawned.
One hour with me!
The dumbest thing about being in love is you always focus on the words of whom you love, and then you try to relate it with yourself. Somewhere it sounds good but you don't know when their words start affecting you and your behaviour.
"That's pretty much of hardwork. Good." I gave her a thumbs up.
"With no outcome." She said and chuckled.
"Does that even matter?"
"Doesn't it?" She said and bent forward towards the screen.
"No. I think efforts matter. It's not science, where work done is dependent on the displacement. It's life. Here, the work done is dependent only on the force you exert. Doesn't matter what's the outcome or even if there's any outcome or not."
She raised her face and nodded slowly three times.
"I think, even if efforts matter, I know they matter. A lot. But the world always judges you on the basis of what's the outcome. They don't give a fuck about the efforts behind them. They never see them."
"People." I said and straightened my back, "Well, you know what? If people don't give a fuck about you, don't give a fuck about them. It's quite simple."
"Simple and difficult. No?"
"It is difficult. I know. But difficult things provide satisfaction."
She nodded and smiled.
Why's she smiling?
"What?" I asked with a straight face.
"What?" She repeated.
"Why are you smiling?"
"Nothing I was just thinking that You are good at debating."
"Sorry, sorry, I didn't mean to do a debate."
"No, it's ok. I like debating too."
"I don't. I am just good at it but I don't like it."
"You don't?" She asked, raising her eyebrow.
"I don't. If someone asks me to do one, only then. Hey, just leave this topic. We have come too much into it." I laughed and slid the books in front of me to a side.
"Yea, I too think so. Leave this." She leaned back and supported herself with her hands on the bed,"I am so much tired." She scrunched her nose and yawned.
She looks beautiful. No matter what she's doing, wearing, saying.
Well, it's love for her which has set my eyes to default to see everything in her as beautiful. But she's beautiful in real. No? She is. Ofcourse. She is like the Oasis in the whole dry desert.
When I retained back from my thoughts, I found her staring at me with a questioning face.
"What?'
"Where are you lost?"
"Where? I am here."
I wish I could tell you.
"You were. I called your name twice but you didn't listen."
"Was I? It's ok. Leave it."
"Yes, yes."
"What are your hobbies, by the way?"
I needed to keep the conversation going on.
"Mine? I love to write and read."
"Really?" I asked in over-surprised and over-excited tone.
Now I can't control my happiness.
"Yes, why are you so surprised."
"Wait, let me bring something."
I got off from the bed and went to a pile of books and folders kept on the cupboard. I shuffled through the pile, searching for that folder.
"What's that?" I heard Maya say.
"Wait. I am searching for it." I shouted back.
I tried to remember the colour of the folder. It was green. Yes, yes, a green folder.
I took off some books and folders off the pile and there it was. I took it and dusted it off, threw it on the bed and placed back the books and folders on the pile. I ran back to the bed and opened the folder and turned it's mouth upside down. Fifty-sixty sheets flowed down from the folder to the bed.
"What's all these? And what are you going to show me." She asked, too much surprised from whatever I was doing.
I picked up some sheets and placed it in front of the phone.
"These are my writings. I have written many poems. Almost fifty-sixty poems."
"Oh," she gave a wide smile, "So you wanted to tell that you have the same hobbies?"
"Yes. Yes. I know I acted bit silly but yea, that's what I wanted to show to you."
"No. I liked how excited you got when I said I like writing. And now I want to hear a poem from you."
"Huh?"
"Yes. Please. Read me the best of what you have written till now."
"No. I will get shy."
"What? Why?" She said while laughing.
"I don't know. You can take all these poems from me tomorrow at school."
"No, I want to hear one right now. Please." She looked quite excited.
I want to Google 100 tips for stopping myself from melting when my crush says 'please'.
"Don't say please to me. Ok, I will. I will narrate one to you."
"Yes, that's like a good boy."
"Hmm, let me search for that poem."
I shuffled through the sheets and found that sheet in which that poem was written.
"Found it." I slid out the sheet and straightened it.
"What are you waiting for? Start."
"Okk so....

In the vast expanse of sun-baked sand,
I wandered aimlessly, a solitary soul adrift,
Lost amidst the swirling dunes of time,
Seeking solace in the breathless heat.

The scorching sun beat down upon my weary frame,
Drawing out the last remnants of my strength,
My parched lips whispering silent prayers,
Lost in a sea of endless grains.

But then, in the distance, a mirage shimmered,
A figure emerging from the haze of my despair,
A beacon of hope in a barren land,
Guiding me towards a newfound grace.

As I drew closer, your form grew clearer,
A vision of beauty amidst the desolation,
Your presence a balm to my weary heart,
A sanctuary in the midst of chaos.

I found myself lost in a desert,
And then I found you,
A timeless oasis in a world of fleeting shadows,
A mirage turned real in the vast emptiness.

Together, we walked the shifting sands,
Bound by a connection deeper than words,
Finding solace in the silence between us,
A shared understanding in a world of noise.

And as the sun dipped below the horizon,
Casting long shadows across the desert floor,
I knew that in your presence, I had found my way,
A lost soul no longer adrift in the endless expanse.

For in the heart of the desert, I found you,
And in your eyes, I found my home,
A sanctuary in the midst of chaos,
A love that transcends the boundaries of time.

——————————————————
Author's note...
I am back. Now i will leave only once. After Almost Mine will be complete.
Thanks.