Her name? Maya

'Heya!', a message from Riya flashed on my screen as I was lying on the bed, after the tuition got over.
Riya's following me on Instagram, and then liking my posts, and now this message wasn't a thing for me to digest easily. If it had been another girl, the scenarios would have been different. She is Tarun's sister. It was the fact that was providing a resistance to the current to flow between me and Riya. Now, one more problem that was added that I had to reply to her. She might have already seen the 'Active Now' tag under my profile. And, nor I had got that much super powers to ignore a girl. At last, I have to tap on it and I did.
'Hey,' I tried to keep it simple by not using exclamation marks, like she did.
She saw the message instantly.
'Wassup?!' She texted.
If girls would have ever been told to invent the punctuation marks, it would just have been exclamation mark.
Maybe that's not how to start a conversation with a stranger.
'Doing gud. What bout u?' I replied.
'Gud 2' she texted.
Now, I don't know how to continue the conversation from here. Nor, I felt the importance to do so.
But she again started to type.
She: Do u know me?
Me: Yea,Tarun's sister. No?
She: Ofc! How do u know?
Me: Well, actually yk, we met at Tarun's b'day party.

She: Ohh!! Yes! I remember that.
Me: Tbh, I forgot that. When u followed me, I asked Tarun bout u and he recalled me.
She: W8? What!!!
She: Why did you ask Tarun? Can't you just directly ask me!!
Me: How could I know that?
She: R u dumb?
Me: Excuse me? Can't u b polite?
She: That's my polite way to talk.
She was making a negative impact of her in my mind. You can't talking like that to someone you don't know.
She: Next time whatever u want 2 know bout me, directly ask me.
Like I even wanted to know about her!
I sent her an 'OK' with an intention of an end to the conversation. She was still typing but I didn't want to talk to her. I threw the mobile onto the bed and closed my eyes.
'Oye, phone worm, come upstairs and have lunch.'

'Jai paaji, how are you?' Tarun said, giving a slap on my back, as I was sitting blank on my seat. I didn't see him coming in the class.
'Oh, Tarun! I'm good bhaiya, you tell?'
He gave me a little hug.
'Nothing, just going on with the flow.' He said.
'Which flow? Streamlined or a Turbulent one?' I said and grinned.
'I'm done with maths and science, so it's better not to mention it now.' He said.
'Why?'
'Don't ask,' he said,'by the way, where are those other two bastards?'
Nishlesh and Amrit, the other two bastards or say, the other two pieces of my heart. We four were a well-known group of the class.
'I don't know.'
'Their bags are lying over there. Then where are they?'
'Maybe strolling in the corridor.',
'Let's look for them. Come.'
As we were about to leave, a girl entered the class. She wasn't our class' student. I tried to see her face but couldn't see it properly. Her hairs had partially covered her face.
'Bhai, when will you stop looking at girls like that?' Tarun said, and pulled my arm.

           •
In the large crowd of students, we tried to find Nishlesh and Amrit. Even the second round in the whole corridor couldn't help finding them.
'Where are these idiots?' Tarun sniffed, putting his arms over his waist.
'See, there they are,' I cried out loud. They both were walking out of the library with small steps, with a book in Nishlesh's hands and they both were drown in it.
'Why are they so much drown in a book?' Tarun said in an irritated tone.
'Hey, you dumbs!' I shouted at them. They both, along with some random students looked at us.
'Oh, Jai paaji! How are you?' Amrit said, delightedly. I never saw him serious, though. He came towards me and gave a slight punch at my stomach.
'Good. Good.' I said.
'How did you think of comming to school today?' Nishlesh asked.
'Just forgot my way, and got here by mistake.' I said and smiled, 'What were you seeing in the book so closely?'
He opened the book, 'This,' he said, pointing to a picture of condoms.
'Have you lost your mind, idiots?' Tarun spoke up.
Nishlesh grinned at him.
'What were you seeing so closely in it? It's company?'
'He was reading it's directions for use.' Amrit said and chuckled.
'Leave it.' Nishlesh said, ' It's 7:50. Bell could ring any time. Let's head to the class.'

As I stepped in the class, I saw the same girl, I saw before, sitting with another girl on the first bench. It couldn't be a new admission as it isn't possible in the tenth class.
As we four sat on our benches, I poked at Tarun, sitting besides me.
'What?' He said.
'Who's she? And what is she doing here?'
'She? Oh, she's shifted to our class from F section here.'
'And how do you know that?'
'She comes at the same coaching classes I go. She told me there.'
I nodded. Her face was still not visible to me as she was sitting on the first bench as well as her hairs added to it. Her hairs were attractive with a touch of brown. That was all, what was visible to me.
I was craving to see her face for no reason.
'Why haven't Neeta ma'am come yet?' Tarun asked.
I shrugged. 'She's absent today,' Amrit spoke up.
'What? Really?' I said, out of happiness. Now atleast, I could stand and go to the blackboard to see her face.
'Yea.'
I stood up and walked to the lecture stand and took a chalk. Her face was still not visible from there as she kept her hand over her face. I slowly moved to the blackboard, seeing her from the corner of my eyes. I walked at the centre of the blackboard and started drawing illogical things on it. I tried to see her from the corner of my eyes but I couldn't. I turned at a small angle and now, she was visible!
As I saw her, I don't know how, my face just turned completely to hers. Her face had some different charm in it, which was not letting my eyes blink. Her eyes were something impossible not to look at. I found myself paralyzed at the moment.
Well, even if I try to do so, I couldn't explain the whole beauty of her face, her eyes, and ofcourse, her cheeks! Wrong are the people, who say nobody could be perfect, I would say them, there's someone with the perfect beauty holding in her. How could someone be that beautiful?
I felt butterflies in my stomach. My breaths got heavy. It was unbelievable, how just seeing someone made my soul leave my body. My mouth was left opened. Everyone and everything in the class became blur, except her. Her lips, that weren't smiling seemed a heaven to me, if they would have been smiling, I would have been dead at the moment. My heartbeat was pacing. Romantic tunes were playing in the background.
'Jai,' a shout reached my ears, breaking my chain of thoughts. The tune at the background stopped. Everything returned to normal. 'Bhai, what happened to you?' Nishlesh said.
'Er...nothin...nothing.'
I rubbed my eyes and again tried to get a sight of her face.
She was looking at me!! My eyes met hers. My heartbeat again started pacing. The butterflies came back, this time, double.
She gave a smile to me. I felt my soul leaving my body.
I tried to smile back at her. She removed her eyes from me.
'Bhai, again?', Nishlesh again disturbed the moment.
'Er..I said...nothing.'
He smiled at me, as if he understood what just happened. I turned back to the blackboard, out of nervousness, and rubbed the chalk hard against the blackboard. My legs were shaking. I threw away the chalk and walked back to my seat.
'Tarun?' I asked.
'Hmm?'
'What's her name?'
'Her name? Maya.'

---------–------------------------------------------------
Here ends the Part 5 too. Thanks a lot for reading. Please do a vote/share/comment. It means a lot to me and encourages to do more well in upcoming parts.
Say RIP to my fingers!!
Jayant Vig,
Author,
Almost Mine