Idiot

'Do like this,' Miss Pooja, our yoga teacher said, bending her back and touching her fingers to the feet.
The whole class was in the yoga room.
I didn't get any chance to speak with Maya whole day. We just exchanged smiles between the second period when she saw me mistakingly. And I was staring at her like always.
Everyone took the positions, as told by Pooja. As I bent to take my position, I felt a finger on my hip. I looked back in surprise.
'What are you doing, Tarun?' I shouted. My mind got fully filled with embarrassment. Everyone behind me laughed out altogether. Tarun looked at me and smirked.
'See forward, Jai,' Pooja shouted.
'Ma'am, he's doing wrong things,'I said, pointing my finger to Tarun. Pooja ignored but the whole class, including Maya chuckled.
NOT MAYA!!!
I gave an angry look to Tarun.
'Bhai, look straight,' Tarun shouted I intentionally, so that Pooja could hear.
'I would complaint about you to Neeta ma'am, Jai.' Pooja said.
'Ma'am, but what had I done?' I said, irritated by her.
This was the thing I hated about Tarun. At one point of time, he says, he loves me, I am his brother, et-cetera and at other, he would behave like this.
'Shut up,' Pooja said.
'Why are you arguing with ma'am?' Tarun said mockingly.
I made a dirty look at him.
Why the hell in this world, this Tarun is behaving like this? Now, is this his love?
The bell rang and everyone picked their hips out of the yoga room. Tarun looked at me, giving me a sarcastic smile.
'Just go to hell, never talk with me again.'
'Arey bhai, why are you getting serious?'
'Oh, why am I getting serious? Huh? Or what, do you want me to laugh?'
'Bhai, sorry,' he said, making a sorry face.
Well, I too wanted to forgive him but he had insulted me in front of Maya. I couldn't bear that.
'What sorry? And don't call me bhai.'
'Now, would you talk like that?'
'Yes, I would.'
'Ok then, go on.' He shrugged and walked to the classroom.
'Whatever.'

I gazed at the crowd of students running to and fro in the school playground as I sat alone at one corner of the playground during the recess. My mood was off from what happened in the yoga room. I was heated with anger and felt overwhelmed from inside.
It had always been a problem with me that my mood depends on how others behave with me, especially if they are my best friends or closed ones.
I faced towards the sky and straightened my legs and supported my body with hands on the ground.
'God, why just me? Everytime, the person who gets wrecked is me. Can't you do a bit good to my life? Just a bit. Am I a joke to you? This selfish world sucks a lot. That Tarun, my so called bestfriend, who all the time keeps on saying I'm your brother, I'm your brother, now showed his real colours. Everyone is selfish. I'm telling you. Everyone. You know god, sometimes I think I am the god myself, because people come to me only when they want anything from me. Funny na. Why have you put in me here?' I stopped and kept a stern look at the sky. I was feeling light after complaining to the god. Talking to god worked. I am a bit agnostic but still, just as a tiny hope, I talk with god. Somewhere, I want the god to exist or who would listen to me when I would be alone.
'Jai,' a sweet girly voice reached my ears. I think I know this voice.
Ofcourse, she was Maya.
'Oh, hi.' I said, in a surprising emote.
I looked back at the sky,'Thanks for the first good thing you did.' I said mentally.
She waved at me. 'Can I sit besides you?'
'Why not.' I said.
She sat besides me and crossed her legs.
'So what were you muttering while gazing at the sky? I saw you from that point,' she said, pointing to a distance.
I nodded. 'Well...nothing...I was just singing.'
'Don't lie.' She said, seeing in my eyes.
Hey, don't see in my eyes,they will kill me, I wanted to say.
'I am not,' I said.
'Seriously? I know you were talking with god. Ain't you?'
'Umm..yea..yea, I was.'
It's impossible to lie before a girl.
'You were sad from the yoga room incident. Hmm?'
I nodded, hanging my head.
She was talking too politely as well as friendly. I was falling more in love with her.
'What's there to get sad in that? Hmm?'
'There is something.'
'What?'
I shook my head.
'Wouldn't you tell me? I thought we are friends.'
'Don't you dare blackmail me.' I said and smiled for the first time in the day.
She grinned and said,'Now tell.'
'I'm done with the selfishness of the people.'
'And who's not?' She asked.
'I know everyone is...but...you know.'
She interrupted,'You just tell me what was there to get sad from the yoga room incident.'
'Eh...That Tarun. He is two faced.'
'I don't think so.'
'He is. Like sometimes he say he loves me, I am his brother and then you saw what he did today in the yoga room. This is what sucks me.'
'You should get a checkup from the doctor, idiot.'
Wow, "idiot" sounds too good in a girl's voice.
'What?' I smiled and said.
'What else? You are just overthinking and that too at a very high level. He just type of pranked with you and you are saying he is double faced and whatever else.'
'But why to do so in front of whole class? Everyone was laughing at me. Even you.' I glared af her.
'Sorry,' she grinned and said,'but why are you behaving like a small boy? If your friends wouldn't do these fun with you then who will?'
I nodded.
'Now, would you go and eat something? I know you haven't eaten anything yet.'
I stood up,'ok then, let's go to canteen,' I said.
'I have had my lunch.' She said.
'So what? Come, come.'
'But...'
'Nothing but but,' I interrupted her.
'You are such a stubborn.' She said, giving a beautiful smile.
'I would call it a friendship date.' I said amd smirked.
God swear, that was just involuntarily spoken.
'Hey? Trying to flirt?'
'Ofcourse not.'
She smacked my head. 'Idiot.'
'We're just left with five minutes for friendship date. Be fast.' I said, walking briskly.
'Don't you dare call it a date.'
'No, no, a friendship date.'