At the fullest!

'Iota's square is equal to minus one, you idiot,' Jai said.

'Oh, sorry, I forgot it again,' I said and grinned.

'I just told you, do you have a problem of memory loss?' He said and stared at me.

'No, no, it's just like that I am bad at Maths, it isn't made for me, and even I am not made for it,' I laughed out idiotically.

The poem I read in his diary was still making me curious about him. I tried to discuss about it with him but I can't gather that much confidence to ask him. Maybe, the conversation about the diary could make him feel uncomfortable again, I thought.

'It is made for everyone, it's just a matter of understanding the concept,' Jai said.

'Whatever, by the way, can I ask you a question?' I blurted out, anyway.

'Maths question?' He asked.

'Oh no, not a maths question. A personal one,' I said and grinned at him.

He turned serious, and glanced at me for a second. 'Whatever,' he said.

'Actually, I read that poem in your diary yesterday, you know that one, that one of lonely soul or whatever,' I was fearing if he would turn angry on the topic of his diary but he didn't. 'Hmm, so?' He said.

'So, So....'

'So, what?'

'Are you depressed or facing any problem that's making you sad from inside?' I blurted out.

'Huh? What?'

I gulped in some saliva.

'You can tell me....you know...if you are comfortable.'

'First of all, if there's anything, why would I tell you?'

'Because you are my friend. Ain't you?' I held my breath.

'Does it make any logic?'

'Maybe, umm....it does.'

He twirled his hands in air and made a weird emote.

'Ok. Ok. So let me be clear,.I can't beat around the bush anymore. To be honest, whenever I see you, I feel like there's something you are hiding something inside you.'

The colour of his face turned pale.

'Please don't feel uncomfortable. You know, I am not pressurising you, I sensed all this and as a friend, I was concerned about you. I mean, I know we don't even know each other completely, but we can do that by sharing our thoughts and problems with each other.'

He nodded and closed his eyes. There was a silence between us for the next twenty minutes. I hadn't had anything left to say then. I could understand why he was silent. A sudden mention of bad memories (ofcourse, from his face, it could be concluded that it would have been a bad memory) can make someone resisted to words.

The Maths period got over and I stood up for a random walk in the corridor.

'Jayant,' Jai shouted as I was at the threshold. 'Yep,' I asked.

He pointed me to come to him. I went to him and sat back on the bench.

'Yea?'

'Umm...I feel like you are a good person at heart.,' Jai said. I nodded and gave him a smile. 'I have many friends, a lot. But they are just friends by name. They never saw the pain hidden in me, though I am the funny guy of the group.,' Jai said.

IS THIS GUY FUNNY? I DON'T THINK SO!!

He continued,'They think I am happy, but it isn't the truth. If I'm sitting here with you today, it's just close to a miracle. You will deny to know but I had survived a suicide attempt.'

'Huh?', I raised my eyebrow.

SUICIDE ATTEMPT!!

'Yes, it's real. Hard to believe, but it is what it is. And to be honest, you are the only one who identified the pain in me.'

'That's OK bro, but a suicide attempt?'

He sniffed. 'Hmm, as I told you, it is what it is.'

'Bro, no pain in this world is that overwhelming that you just try to end your life.'

'Sometimes, you can't find any reasons to live. Even if they are in front of you, you can't see them. Pain becomes the curtain of your brain. And if there's no reason to live, it's better not to live.'

'What are you saying, brother? Ending the life is never a solution,' I said.

'Hmm,' he said and nodded.

'But what's the reason behind all this?' I asked Jai.

'Reason?'

'Hmm.'

He took a long breath, 'A girl,' he said and glanced at me.

'Are you mad, mate? You wanted to end your life for a girl!'

He nodded. I saw a tiny drop of tear at the corner of his eye.

'Why so?' I asked.

'It's a long story, bhai,' he said.

'Let it be. Can you narrate it to me?'

'I don't know. I don't know, if I could be able to narrate it or not. It would only take me back to my past, a past full of pains.'

'But you are still living in your past, bro.'

'I can't narrate it now,' he said.

'Who's asking to narrate it now? After the school?' I asked.

'Why do you want to know the story?'

'Just like that, bhai,' I said and shrugged.

'OK, I can trust you, can I?'

'At the fullest.' I winked at him.

'So, story with pizza after the school.'

'As you say.'

'By the way, what's the name of the girl?'

'Maya.'
--------------------------

Here ends the chapter 2. A short read again. Sorry for creating more suspense!! But I promise it's the last time. Next time two parts at once would be published. Till then, signing off, mates. Have a good one ahead and do wish me a good luck. Don't forget to share/vote like you forgot to do in the previous part (haha!!) and comment your ratings out of five.
Peace.✌🏻
Jayant Vig,
Author,
Almost Mine.