Where it all started!

I sneaked into my room after dinner and stacked all the books lying on the bed, and threw those heavy burdens on my study table. My eyes were trying to close themselves. I threw myself on the bed. I yawned but it got cut off in between from a notification in my phone. I pulled it out from my pocket and sleep left my eyes the very next moment as I saw a "Hii" from Maya on Instagram. I clicked on the notification instantly.
Why the hell is my heart rate increasing? It's just a ”hii” from her, not an ”I love you”! Calm down!!!
Hiiiii” I typed but I removed three ‘I's from it.
Act normal Jai!!
I sent back a “Hii!”.
Is it sounding rude?
How you doing dude?” I added.
"Very well...Wby?
“I am good too!”
Stop adding exclamation marks, Jai!!
“Nice, what are you doing rn?”
“I was about to sleep.” I typed but erased the message. This could make her feel guilty...Maybe!
“I just came to my room after dinner.”
“Oh, won't you ask me what I am doing?”
Shit! Shit! What are you doing Jai??? Don't sound rude! Dumb!
“So sorry! You know, I am a dumb.”
“Hey! Don't be sorry. I was just trying to tease you.”
“Ohh! Ok ok. But still sorry.”
“Come on, chill. But you still haven't asked me what I am doing!”
“Shit! Sorry again! What are you doing?”
“You are too innocent Jai!! You apologize a lot.”
Innocent? Me? Not in this birth! Only I and God knows how much innocent I am. Kirat too!
“Well, I am running my brain over this cruel Maths! I can't even solve merely simple questions. I have done just 3 questions in past one hour and guess what! They are one or two marks questions.”—She added.
“Ohh, you too don't like Maths?”
“Well, yes! But Tarun told me you are good at it.”
“Maths is my fav.”
“How in this world, Maths can be someone's fav subject!!?”
“Well, I don't know. It is what it is."
“Ok...Actually I asked Tarun to help me in it but he's just my another copy!”
Copy???”
“I mean, he too find these difficult. So he told me to ask helo from you.”
Tarun! My brother!! You have helped me a lot unknowingly. Love you Tarun!
“Ohh, well yes, I can help you in anyway.”
“Heh, at last I got someone to help me out.”
The words “I got someone” seemed like golden words. I read the message five times, getting a rush of dopamine everytime.
“Yep! So tell me, how can I help you?”
“This Trigono has really nade me feel dumb. Please help me out from this, fast.”
Trigonometry? Is this just a coincidence or what...Why everyone wants help in Trigonometry? Whatever it was, Trigonometry had become my favourite from that moment.
“No problem, I will help you. But how? Like in this way? I mean, texts?”
Obviously! I wasn't ready to call or face-time her. I feared either her voice or her face would leave no chance in making me hypnotized.
“How would you do that? How would you solve these sums on texts? It would take a year-time for one exercise!”
No!! No!!
“Then, how?”
“Face-time for ofcourse. No?”
I threw my phone on the bed and jumped off. A panic took over me and I started walking briskly around the room.
I can't say her No. But nor yes.
What to do? What to do?
Yes?
No?
Yes?
No?
Ok, I am ready.
“Hey?”
“You there?”— She had texted when I was panicking around.
“Oh sorry, my mom called me.
Okay, let's do the face-time.”
I felt some regret after clicking on send but nothing could be done then. My heart started racing and I tapped my chest thrice to calm down myself. She didn't reply back. Few second later, I received her call. I objected twice before tapping on the “Answer” button but at last, I didn't have any choice rather than answering the call. I was about to tao the Answer button when something came up my mind. I stood up and saw myself in the mirror. My hair were somewhat messy but didn't seem too bad. Still, I corrected my hair and ran back to the bed. I tap on the Answer button and her face popped up on the screen.
“Hey, dude!” She said with a wide smile. No! A beautiful wide smile. She was supporting her face with her hands, holding a pen within her fingers. She was looking tired but it made no difference to her beauty. I was staring at her, having no control over myself. Butterflies came back, this time making my stomach a wholesome garden.
“I said, Hey. Where are you lost?”
I came back to my senses. “Hi...Hii Maya. How are you?”
“I think we have just asked each other about how we are doing.” She said laughingly.
“Oh, yea...yea, I forgot.” I couldn't take out the words from my mouth properly.
“Why are you behaving like this? Not comfortable?”
“Introvert people problems, you know.” I said, giving her a slight smile. It was a lie. I am totally an outrovert but the words never come out smoothly whenever she is front of me.
“You are an introvert? Really?”
“Well, yes.” I hunched my shoulders
“It's ok. Be comfortable around me. I am your friend. No?” She gave a cute questioning face.
“You are. You really are.”
That's the problem. You are just a friend.
She chuckled and shook her head. “You look too cute.”
I passed her a smile and kept looking at her without saying any word. Her words revolved in my mind twice...thrice...whatever–comes–after–this times.
“Don't tell me, you would behave the same while teaching me.”
“I would try my best.” We both laughed at that and I fetched Maths book and a notebook.
“So, Ma'am, should we start?”
“Hmmm...Let me think.” She tapped her index finger to her face.
“Huh?”
She chuckled again and fell forward while laughing.
“Don't act too cute always!” She said laughingly while shaking her head.
“Come ooonnn!!”