B-Positive

'Ni..sh?' I said, stuttering.
I felt a sudden pain in my chest.
I threw my hands in the air and sniffed, being frustrated from the twists and turns, coming in my way.
So, Nishlesh is that 'Someone'.
Pragati nodded with a blank look.
I wasn't ready to believe what she said. If it wasn't the classroom, I would have just thrown away the tables and chairs.
'I suspect, you are lying. You don't want Maya and me together and for that, you are lying that she likes Nishlesh.' I said, almost in the state of crying.
'Don't talk nonsense. Ok? Why would I lie? What am I getting with it?' She raised her hand in the air,'I told you what I knew. Now, if you dont believe me, I don't care.'
'Ofcourse, why would you care? You ain't getting pissed up. That's me.' I punched the table, on which I was sitting.
'I am telling you, stop liking her, or you gonna get pissed up more.' Pragati said and looked away from me.
'What do you mean?'
'She's never going to date you.'
Who the hell can someone be this straightforward!
'Why?'
'I already told you yaar.'
'Does Nishlesh know Maya loves him?'
'Hmm.'
I nodded.
'So I was carrying snakes with me,' I mumbled.
'What?' Pragati asked.
'Eh..nothing...Are they both dating?' I asked. I stopped my breath to hear the answer.
'Well, you are little fortunate, they aren't. You should know by yourself if Nishlesh is dating someone or not. He's your bestfriend.'
'Bestfriend my foot. They just call me their bestfriend, never treated me like that. Now, they three know each other's secret, except me. And I tell them all my secrets. Tarun has dated two girls by now, and I got to know it after two months of his second breakup. Bastards. They have just put me aside.'
'Well, it's your problem. What can I do?' Pragati said and shrugged.
'Ofcourse, what can you do? Nothing. Yesterday, I cried whole day and I think I got my today's homework too.'
'Cried whole day? How can someone fall that much in love in just three-four days? You are mad.'
'Three-four days? Just one look was enough.' I smirked.
'Unbelievable,' she said, chuckling.
'By the way, if Nishlesh knows that Maya likes her, why they ain't dating?'
'Nishlesh hates Maya.' Pragati said.
'What the hell, eh...I mean Wow. Seriously?' I said over-excitedly.
Her words felt like heaven as they sent a sudden freshness in my body.
'Yes. You must be happy.'
'I am, but how can someone hate Maya? She is so beautiful.'
'God knows.'
'So there are some chances that she could date me.' I said, with a new ray of hope.
'I don't think so. Maya is madly in love with him. Like you are, with Maya.'
'But still. There might be little chances.'
'Maybe. One percent at most.'
'Small hopes lead to big changes.'
'Hmm,' Pragati nodded,'Changes, sometimes can be negative too.'
'You know what's my blood group?' I said and jumped off from the table.
'What?'
'B-positive. Haha.'
'Wow. Very funny.'
'Whatever. Just don't give be negative in front of me.'
'Yea, few minutes before, someone was sad and look now, cracking jokes.'
'You want to see me sad?'
'When did I say that? Ok. Stop it now. I am done with you.'
'Everyone is done with me.'
'And I can see the reason.'
'What do you mean?'
'Can I get a break from your questions? Can I go?' Pragati said, joining her hands.
'As you wish.'
'Thanks.' She said and walked away.
'What's the time, bhai?' I asked a boy sitting one bench behind mine.
'Seven Thirty-five.'
'Why haven't these bastards come yet?' I mumbled.
'Are you waiting for Maya? She's not coming today.' Pragati spoke from her seat and chuckled.
'Thanks for telling. I am waiting for those three.'
'You idiot, it's Saturday today. Do you think they would come?'
'Arey yaa...aar, can't they tell me they ain't coming? Now, I have to get pissed alone.'
'You also have to abuse them and then you can't live without them.'
'But they can live without me.'
'Oh, someone's blood group is B-Positive.'
I laughed out.
'I am telling you, I am feeling like hitting you.' I said.
'You can't even touch me, idiot.'
A girl, Palak entered the class and sat besides Pragati. Ofcourse, her other bestfriend.
'Your bestfriend has come. Enjoy.' I said and walked out of the class.
I needed a therapy session, with God ofcourse.

              •
Again I was there, at the school playground, my legs crossed and my face towards God. I took a long breath of fresh morning air, with no air pollution but sound pollution from the students.
'Do I have to start the conversation again? Sometimes, you could start too.' I said and chuckled.
'By the way, did you have any problem with my simple-straight life? Because now I could only wake ho in the morning and get to know something new that would just break me into pieces. Like, from last few days, nothing is going right. Yea, you did give me some good, I mean, excellent moments with Maya but you set its fare too high, you know. It's not fair. For the firat time, I loved a girl seriously, and what did I get to hear? She loves someone else. No, no. Not someone else, my own bestfriend, Nish. It might be a play for you god, but nit for me. No more twists and turns please. You saw na, how worse my condition got yesterday. And it might happen today too if I didn't get to know that Nish doesn't want her. It has given me some hopes but still god, what you are doing, isn't fair. I love her too much. I am serious. I know, I am sounding somewhat selfish. But I know you can compromise a bit. No?'
TRRRIIIINNNGGGG...
The bell rang up.
I stood up and dusted my trouser. 'Please, I'm done with your everyday suspenses,' I gave my last words to God.