They dont like me right? - Jack Hughes

1.8k words
This was requested and hopefully it lives up to the expectations of the person who requested it🙏🙏. I think I italicized all of the pov changes but who knows🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️. Also I haven't done dance in years so if I got any of the stuff wrong I'm sorry😭😭😭.
~~~

Jacks pov

My parents came to New Jersey to visit for a little bit, they wanted to watch me play for a bit before going back home. But they wanted to get dinner and meet my girlfriend of almost 12 months, Y/n. I love Y/n with my whole heart, she makes me a better person and also keeps me in check when it's needed.

Y/n was standing in front of our full length mirror, making sure everything was perfect. She always told me she didn't do well with stuff like this, and I know how anxious and nervous she can get.

"Babe, you look amazing," I said, wrapping my arms around her waist. She sighed and leaned back into my touch.

"I'm just nervous" she said. Y/n was always open with her feelings, and that's something I loved about her because she would make sure I knew if she wasn't okay.

"You have nothing to be nervous about, they'll love you" I said. She nodded and rubbed her hands on her legs.

"I'm good, I've got this" she assured herself.

"You do have this y/n" I said, hoping to calm her nerves. "But right now we have to go so we can get there on time." She nodded and grabbed her phone.

Y/ns pov

I sat in the passenger seat of Jack's car, my leg was bouncing really fast. I normally did that when I was nervous. Jack put his hand on my thigh, starting to rub my thigh with his thumb. It was a way he normally calmed me down.

"We're here" Jack said, parking outside of a fancy restaurant. I couldn't say anything, I didn't want to say something stupid about how his parents might not like me.

When we got out of the car Jack grabbed my hand and we walked in. Finding his parents he guided me over to a booth.

"Mom, dad, hi," Jack said. His parents got up and hugged him then sat back down. Jack slid into the booth and I sat next to him.

"This is y/n, my girlfriend," Jack said.

"Hi" I said, looking up at them. They smiled and both greeted me while introducing themselves. Ellen and Jim, but I'll stick to calling them Mrs. and Mr. Hughes for now.

We ordered drinks and food and all that. While I was in the middle of eating my food jacks mom started talking to me.

"So y/n, how old are you" she asked.

"I'm 21" I said, with a small smile.

"What do you do for a living?" Jacks dad asked.

"Oh well I'm a dancer, well technically a ballerina because I only do ballet but that's still counted as a dancer I think" I said kind of rambling. I had that problem when I'm nervous too, I just start rambling. It kind of made Jacks parents eye me like I was a packet of rat poison.

"Interesting" Mrs.Hughes said, not sounding impressed. We all finished our food and said goodbye to each other.

When Jack and I got back into his car I let out a breath.

"They seemed to like you" Jack said.

"No they didn't, did you see the way they looked at me," I groaned,"they hate me."

"No they dont babe, they just need to get used to you that's all," he said, "maybe you can sit with them at my game tomorrow?"

I put my hands on my forehead and groaned.