You're supposed to wear my jersey - Luke Hughes

2.3k words
Please keep requesting people and ideas yall I need them.
For those who don't know what Rita's is bc it is kind of in this it's a water ice place in many states and it has amazing water ice. Ig if you wanna know more about it Google it👍👍.
~~~

This was the first time I wasn't going to wear my boyfriend's jersey to one of his hockey games. The only reason I wasn't was because the devils were going against the Caps and since I grew up with the Strome family my parents made me wear one of Dylan's jerseys.

My dad used to go to school with Dylan's dad and they actually were like best friends meaning I grew up close to the Strome family. Dylan was only 5 years older than me, him being 24 and me being 19.

He was like a brother to me, his brothers were also like brothers to me growing up so normally I wouldn't be complaining about wearing his jersey but the Caps were playing against the Devils which happened to be my boyfriends team.

"Mom please, Luke is playing tonight, can I please wear his jersey just this once" I begged. My mom turned to my dad.

"I don't care who your boyfriend is, you're going to support your best friend" my dad said. I groaned and crossed my arms. Not paying any more attention to him. When we got to the Capital One Arena we got to our seats quickly. I wanted to avoid Luke so he didn't see who's jersey I was wearing.

I actually live in New Jersey with Luke and Jack. Jack let me live with him while I went to school because I'm still a college student. But since my parents moved to Washington after Dylan was traded to Washington I had to go to a couple of their home games. I think you can tell who their favorite Strome brother is by where they moved, since Ryan was on the ducks and Matthew is on the Hershey Bears at the moment.

I sat on my phone and scrolled through social media while waiting for the game to start. When the game did start it was nerve wracking.

The two teams were tied and heading into overtime, which scared me a little bit. Then overtime started and everything was more nerve wracking until Luke scored his first nhl goal. The game winning goal. I was cheering so loud my parents were no doubt ashamed of me, but I didn't care.

I ran down to where the visiting team's locker room was after the team got off the ice and waited for Luke. I was so happy I forgot I wasn't wearing Luke's jersey.

It took a while for any of the guys to come out of the locker room but when I saw Jack I gave him a hug.

"You did good tonight, is Luke coming out any time soon?" I asked. Jack laughed.

"Yeah, your boy is just finishing up in there," Jack said. I nodded and excitedly waited for Luke. Some more guys walked out and when they did I congratulated them, until finally Luke came out.

"Oh my god Luke, I'm so proud of you" I said quickly hugging him.

"Thanks" he said, not sounding that enthusiastic.

"Hey what's wrong" I asked, taking a step back from him.

"Nothing, I'm going out to celebrate with the boys. I'll talk later" he said. I nodded, confused as to why he was in a mood.

"Well have fun babe" I said, I went to kiss him but he swerved his head and walked away. Jack gave me a look basically asking what's wrong and I shrugged.

I went back over to my parents who were standing with Dylan and his parents. I hugged Dylan.

"You were good tonight Dyl, I'm proud of you" I said with a comforting smile.

"Thanks y/n/n" Dylan said. We all spoke for a while until my parents decided to invite them over to their house.

I rode home with my parents and started packing my stuff. I had to go home now because I had class tomorrow afternoon.