Cruel Summer - Luke Hughes

1.7k words
I actually hate this sm😭😭 I feel like I could have done way better.
Pls request something someone I'm begging you😭🙏
Song used: Cruel Summer by Taylor Swift
~~~

I had known the Hughes family since Quinn started playing for the USNTDP because my oldest brother, Jeremy, was one of his teammates. Jere and Quinn had gotten along really well, that led to many trips to the Hughes house and all that. When my other older brother Theo, who was the same age as Jack, started playing he and Jack got closer than before.

That all meant many sleepovers between the three Hughes boys and me and my brothers. I had always had a thing for Luke and I guess I wasn't being as open about it as I thought. But also Luke who happened to be my best friend was the most oblivious person I've ever known

Oh, it's new, the shape of your body

I wasn't the only one to notice when Luke started getting more ripped. I mean he plays hockey so obviously he's gonna have some muscle on him, but that summer at the lake house he looked so different.

My parents had bought a lake house right next to the Hughes' because they were such good friends. And that meant being able to watch Luke in a non creepy way.

"Looking good Lukey" Jeremy yelled out from our back deck. Luke was working out outside so my brothers were obviously gonna comment on how he changed.

It's blue, the feeling I've got
And it's ooh, whoa, oh
It's a cruel summer

God, watching Luke be himself and all that with all the guys is literally so fun. My parents and all of our friends' parents went out tonight, allowing us to have fun. We were all sitting around a fire, talking and having fun.

Luke was sitting across from me, laughing at something Theo just said to him. I hated this part about having brothers and also being friends with the guy I liked. If I tell him I could ruin everything for all of us, if I don't tell him it'll be interesting trying to hide this crush any longer.

It's cool, that's what I tell 'em
No rules in breakable heaven

"Y/n you ok?" Alex Turcotte asked me. We were either all sitting on the dock or in the water.

"Yeah all good, it's cool, I'm cool heh" I said, I was nervous because no doubt he just watched me stare at Luke for a while.

"Okay" he said kind of weirdly. I slapped his shoulder lightly.

"So you like Lukey" Alex said quietly.

"No I don't" I said back.

"Then why are you looking at him like a lovesick puppy?" he asked.

"Because he's my best friend?" I said kind of asking a question-ish.

"Why don't you tell him you like him?"

"Alex my brothers would kill me, like I've literally been told no Hughes boys and no teammates by them like my whole life practically" I said. Alex nodded and looked deep in thought.

But ooh, whoa, oh
It's a cruel summer
with you

God I wish I could tell Luke, I really do. I like him so much I want to tell him but I just can't.

Well that was until I did.

"Hey Lukey can I talk to you real quick?" I asked, pulling him into the kitchen, away from everyone.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Look don't freak out or anything but I like you, like, like like you" I said. Luke smiled.