TWELVE

|COMMENT-VOTE-FAN|
All I see is you, ain't no other girls getting in the way of my view
I've been all about the real, you've got all of the truth

Song: You're The Only One I Need | Artist: Kalin and Myles

//

|3rd person account of the event|

Two teams, one dressed in blue and gold the other in orange and white.
They're lined up head to head, helmets on, games faces on, and they wait for the beginning play.

The stands are filled with men, women, and children waving their hands and homemade signs. The cheers coming from the crowd make it hard to hear.

The smell the hot dogs, popcorn, and pizza being sold at the concession stand fill noses.

The marching band has just left the field and now it's the fourth quarter with us in the lead by five the scoreboard shows six seconds.

The coach yells, "It's time to go!"

There he is, the new quarter back. He strapped on his helmet and heads towards the field to take his position.

Their quarterback quickly shouts out a play.

The game begins and our quarterback looks up just in time to see two hundred and fifty pounds of orange and white running toward him at full speed.

The sweat rolls down his face, his eyes start to burn, and his legs are suddenly growing weak with fatigue. He carries the ball, he runs with the ball, he can't have a loss on his hands. This was his first game and the most important game.

The crowd is rooting him on.

There's a 7 guy pile up in the blink of an eye

The clock stops...

The stands are quiet because coaches rush to the field, and the last time this happened a quarterback was replaced.

That old quarterback is present only he sits in the bleachers this time around

The 7 guys are coming back to their senses
1. He's fine
2. He's okay
3. He could be better
4. He'll be alright
5. He'll be benched
6. He has a secret
7.

There is one guy left unstable...

He can feel his hands start to shake and then he feels a sudden breeze.
He starts to gag on his mouthpiece.
He looks up, but all he can see is a glare from the field lights, which begins to blind him.

He suddenly realized that he's been stabbed, right in the last play of the game.

He's in so much pain, his insides ache and a headache is coming on strong.

The Cornelious Vs. Westchester game has been stopped by a brutal mishap... Again

The news spreads through the crowd like wild fire, "he's been stabbed?" People are hysterical, they don't know what to make of it.

"WHO? WHO'S BEEN STABBED?"
//

| 16 HOURS EARLIER|

"I still don't see what you want me to do," Tyler says tiredly.
It is Friday, precisely 7:35 in the morning, we have an hour before school starts and Tyler and I trek towards the football field

He wears a muscle t-shirt, the sides are low cut and it's taking my all not to attack him right here and right now. His tattooed arms are free from the flannel shirts and are carrying a duffle bag that I presume to be full of his football gear.