EIGHT

TRAILER AND BANNER UP! CHECK IT OUT!!

|COMMENT-VOTE-FAN|

-

The time is 3 in the morning.

My eyes are glued to Megan's computer screen, I search for every and any article I can find on my mom's death.

I remember telling everyone I didn't want to know, I remember them respecting my wishes. But there's nothing online about it, nothing anywhere.

So I ended up at Megan's bed side, perched down on my knees and face level to hers. She blinks her eyes open once or twice but then gets scared. "What the hell!" She shoots up, Stefan isn't home so her bed looks like it's swallowing her up.

"Grey?" Megan reaches over and turns on her night stand light.

"Are-are you okay?" She asks. My eyes are watering, maybe I'm becoming delirious or maybe I'm just sad, I can't quite pin point the emotions that are running through me now but I begin to cry.

"Grey!" She asks, more alert.

"How did she die?" I whisper. "Huh?" Megan asks. "Mom, how did mom die?" I ask a little louder.

Megan runs her hand over her face. "Grey, you said you didn't want to know and I think it's better that you don't." Megan says

"TELL ME." I shoot. We burry her on Sunday, and though Megan and my mom were never close I could see Sunday's events would take a toll on her.

Her voice cracks, "She-" Megan tries to start, her eyes are on mine, she's so sad seeing me like this and I instantly feel guilty. Megan should never feel sad for me, not after what I did tonight.

I look down, not being able to look her in the eyes.

Megan is hesitant.

"She died in a house fire." Megan gulps.

"WHAT?" I ask. "She burned alive, Grey." Megan says

A laugh, I laugh a little.

Megan looks at me with furrowed brows, "Grey." She shoots.

A harder laugh leaves my mouth.

"We're not having an open casket are we?" I stand up, eyes widening, I pace back and forth a little.

"No- her body is badly-" Megan begins.

I rush out of her room, "Grey." She calls but I've locked myself inside my room.

Megan knocks on my door repeatedly, "grey, let's talk," she's saying and knocking at the same time.

I step into my shoes, "hello. Gidoen." I whisper into my phone.

Megan is still pitching ideas on ways to cope from outside my door

Gideon's voice is full of sleep, "hey-HEY, IS EVERYTHING OK?" He asks, becoming more awake.

"Gideon, I need a ride somewhere." I say

-

It's Friday, technically Saturday morning but still Friday to all the kids around here who are retreating from after parties of the stars dance in the quick-n-go parking lot.

"What is this about?" Gideon asks me.

"It's a long story." I say, Gideon doesn't question me further.

"Hey, uh..." He says as I climb out of his car. "Yea." I look back at him

"Wa-was Stella okay?" He asks