Chapter 5

Vivienne

The princess and her very suspicious friend asked me to follow them to the main room where I was earlier with the other maids and "slave owners". God, it sounds so wrong when I say it. Lilith was already changed into another dark dress, while Dalida was in the same outfit as earlier. I want to know who she is and why she looks and sounds like a younger version of that wicked witch. I was wearing this long blue cotton dress with a white apron around my waist.

"My uncle, the king, will be deciding what to do with you. Keep your head down and don't make a sound" The princess informed me, it's not like I asked her what the hell we were waiting for but she took the initiative and explained to me what we were doing. It must be my very annoyed face that gave it away. 

When the door opened a very handsome and tall man walked in the room with his head held high, I could smell his ego and dirty underwear from a mile away. Okay fine, that was a lie, but I was certain he had a shitty personality just from the way he smirked and walked, wanna bet that he's gonna be sexist?

"My dear niece, how are you doing?" He asked as he walked towards the princess, Lilith was standing next to me with a bored look and didn't say anything back to him. He sighed and grabbed both her shoulders before patting them with a disappointed look on his face, now that I got to see him up close he was kinda ugly. his beard was uneven and he looked like he hadn't slept in a few centuries with how pale his face was. 

His eyes shifted from his niece to me, mine widened in surprise and I quickly dropped my head, hoping he didn't see me staring with disgust at his face. Gosh, that would be embarrassing. 

"Well well well, what do we have here?" 

I heard the princess release a loud sigh as if she was waiting for him to say something dumb, I kept my head down and listened to his heels click coming closer to where I was. I felt cold hands touch my face and make me look up, his red eyes were curiously staring at me trying to figure me out. 

"A beautiful human? How rare" He mumbled, I fought the urge to roll my eyes and just kept staring at him. 

"Already claimed" I heard Dalida say which caught me off guard, I wasn't expecting her to do anything in front of the king. He turned to look at the woman with an irritated look like this was a usual thing. 

"Dalida, what are you doing in my castle again?" He spat out with venom laced with his words, I don't know what's going on but he must hate her so much. And why was she even talking to him so carelessly, she wasn't afraid of the king. I could tell.

"I came to check on my one and only father" Huh? I side-eyed Dalida and she had a smirk on her face, if I wasn't confused before I surely was right now. She was a blonde woman, her bright hair, and her "father" has jet-black hair. Excuse me I was never good in biology, but to me, Dalida must've been changed at birth.

"You're banned from coming here, why do you keep showing up!" 

"I was bored, so I came to check on Lilith. She seems to be doing just fine" Dalida smiled at the princess with a knowing look before looking back at her father. Oh hold on, Lilith has jet-black hair. My head swung towards her with wide eyes. This is so interesting, could she be the real daughter? oh my god, this is so exciting it feels like I'm solving a mystery.

"You said the human was claimed?" The king said with a curious look, now his attention on me fully. His hand was on my face about to brush my hair out of my face and I was panicking, I had my hearing aids on and I didn't want him to find out. I wouldn't be able to explain what they were, then they'll hang me for being a witch. 

A hand grabbed his wrist and pushed it away, expecting it to be the princess but instead, it was Dalida again. It almost seems like she was trying to gain my trust and tell me she was trustworthy. 

"I did," She said in all seriousness. The king raised his eyebrow at her not quite believing a word she said. When she didn't show a sign of backing away he nodded and took a step back. I gave her a thankful look and she nodded. I was feeling a bit uncomfortable with all the eyes staring at me so I just looked down at my feet without doing or saying anything.

"Lilith, I assume you've gathered all the humans," He asked before making his way to his royal chair, the princess nodded and mentioned for the guards to bring in the other people who were captured.

"Not a big catch but it was enough to replace the ones who died since you overfed from them." She said with an almost robotic cold voice. She was heartless, she looked heartless too. The king gave one look at each person before assigning them to a random job. For example, one guy was sent to work in the horse stable while another was sent to do the cleaning. 

"Your human, Dalida. Did you assign her to anything yet?" His eyes didn't leave me once, he was staring at me like a predator and I was the prey. He licked his chapped lips and moved around in his seat. 

"N-"

"Yes" Lilith interrupted, I was? When? I gave her a confused look but she wasn't looking at me so I turned to Dalida who was just as confused. Without another word, she slightly bowed her head and pushed me in front of her and out of the room.

"You'll work like everybody else, clean, cook, a source of blood. With no complaining" I wish I could turn off my hearing aids. Too much talking, her voice was very attractive, low, and a bit raspy but she was annoying me with the orders.

"Did I make myself clear?" I didn't say anything and just kept walking in front of her since I remembered the way back to the room where she brought me earlier. A hand roughly grabbed me and spun me around.

"Did I. Make. Myself clear?" She said through gritted teeth, I slowly nodded my head just so she can loosen the grip, but unfortunately for me, she didn't. I was looking at her eyes wondering if she had a glimpse of sympathy for me but couldn't find a drop. I winced in pain because she was holding my injured arm, which seemed to wake her up from her daze. She let go of me and pushed past me in a hurry.

"Fucking bitch" I mumbled when I realized she wasn't coming back.

"That, she is" Dalida walked out of the dark with a soft smile, I was still not sure if I should trust her or not so I stayed alert. 

"What crawled up her ass? So damn stiff" Dalida laughed at my remark and gestured for me to follow after her, and that's what I did. She guided me towards a common room, it had empty spots, a mattress, and a pillow with a thin blanket for every maid, I didn't ask her anything since it was so obvious this was where I'll be sleeping.

"Make sure to keep those things safe, the humans will steal them easily and sell them for a piece of bread" She pointed to my ears. I brought my hair closer to my hair hoping it was covering my ears fully, she pointed to a bed at the very end of the room and I made my way towards it. 

"A maid will explain your job to you tomorrow, for now just get some rest" She was about to leave when she turned to speak once again.

"Don't let Lilith get to your head, just do as she orders and you'll be okay"  Lilith needs to go see a therapist, and I wasn't allowed to say such a thing about the princess so instead I nodded with a smile and sat down on the mattress. From a very simple life of a violinist to a maid for a tall, heartless, attractive woman. How convenient. 

*****************************************
Hello, sorry if there are any mistakes in this chapter I didn't have time to go through it and fix the errors.

And I also apologize for the very late update I haven't been feeling well lately, mentally and physically but hopefully I'll get better and find the will to update some more.

Have a good day!

Muah

-S