Finally

Jisoo knocked on Jennie's door and shrugged off her armor so that she was standing in front of Jennie's bedroom with just a sleeveless black shirt. The princess quickly pulled her in before she could say anything.

"Jennie, is everything alri—"

She was cut off with Jennie wrapping her up in a tight hug.

She pulled her body flush against Jisoo's and rested her head over her heart. Her arms were wrapped tightly around her waist as the raven heard her take a shuddering breath.

"Thank you," She whispered into her neck.

Jisoo took a deep breath of control before wrapping her arms back around Jennie and leaned her cheek on Jennie's forehead.

"I'm here. I'm always here." She rubbed up and down her back.

"What happened? How did you two end up alone?"

Jennie buried her face more into Jisoo's neck and said quietly, "I was feeling tired and excused myself early from dinner. He just stayed in the dining room and I walked out. I didn't realize he was following me until I turned around somewhere closer to the bedroom door."

She pressed a light kiss to the raven's neck and Jisoo felt goosebumps rise.

"Thank you for coming to my rescue. I really thought..."

Jisoo sighed and finished her sentence, "he was going to do something?"

Jennie slowly nodded.

The general tightened her arms and pressed an airy kiss to the crown of her head. "Don't worry. I won't let that happen."

Jennie snuggled closer and said softly but firmly, "I know." She sighed contentedly. "This is nice...I don't think I've either hugged or been hugged like this since...since you left."

The princess placed another kiss at the base of her throat. Except this time, her soft lips lingered a few seconds longer.

Jisoo just closed her eyes and tightened her arms. "I just came back to make sure you were okay." She tried to pull away but Jennie held on tighter.

"It was hard...fighting with you these few weeks. I'm not a person who holds grudges or is overly bitter over something tiny."

Jisoo sighed. "I didn't like it either." Then she chuckled. "I like hugging you. I don't think it was the best idea to put distance between us."

Jennie pinched her side. "No. It's probably your worst idea."

"Even worse than trying to get you to jump from that tall tree in the garden?"

Jennie laughed. "Yes! Even worse than that!"

"You remember how mad Lisa was at us? God, I've never seen her more concerned and angry."

Jennie shrugged. "I don't know. Leo seems to be more than a handful." She rested her chin on Jisoo's collarbone and looked up at her.

Jisoo bent her head down and just spoke softly into her ear with a smile. "I wonder where he got it from."

Jennie pinched her side again. "You are a riot. Ha. Ha. Ha."

She pulled herself out of Jisoo's arms but the raven dragged her hand down to hold her hand firmly, anchoring them together.

Jennie stared at their hands together with an tentative expression. Before a smile pulled across her lips and she looked back up at Jisoo.

Then she pulled her hand until they were in front of a covered canvas.