Stay With Me

Jisoo spent the night staring up at her ceiling.

Wondering.

Worrying.

Dreaming.

Of Jennie.

She barely thought of anything else.

And finally, in the morning, once she decided it was respectable enough time to go to someone's house, she ran out.

She drove over to Jennie's house and practically jumped out of her car before running up the small path and rang her doorbell.

It was about 9am and her dad opened it with tired eyes.

Then he blinked and narrowed them. "Who are you?" He looked her up and down with annoyance.

Jisoo looked at her army boots, worn out jeans and grey sweatshirt before realizing in hindsight that she should've changed into something formal.

Jisoo chuckled nervously. "I'm here to see Jennie?"

Her dad shook his head. "There's no one by that name here."

Jisoo widened her eyes. "I'm sure this was the address. I came by here before. Please, sir, let me see her—"

"I don't even know who you are and you insist that you know my daughter?!" His eyes went wide and he had his hands on his hips as he bent a bit lower to level his face with hers.

"My name is Kim Jisoo. I met your daughter for a...to hang out 2 weeks ago."

"I'm sorry. Just leave. Call her if you want but I am NOT letting you into my hou—"

"Jisoo?"

Both of them looked up and saw Jennie coming down the stairs. Her dark hair was all messy and she was wearing sweatpants with an oversized T-shirt. Her eyes had dark circles underneath them and her face was slightly pale but she looked awake.

She came and stood beside her dad and he looked between them with surprise.

Jisoo didn't once take her gaze off Jennie. "Are you feeling alright?"

Jennie gave a small smile back. "I've been better. Why are you here? Do you want to come inside?"

She stepped aside and her father looked at her with shock.

Jisoo tilted her head. "I was just worried about you after what happened last night." Then she glanced briefly at her dad and swallowed. "Plus I don't think Mr.Kim wants me inside."

Jennie sighed and looked at her dad before saying softly, "Let me speak to her. Go make breakfast. I'll sit here" she pointed to the 2 large grey sofas in the living room next to the front door "with her and talk to her."

Her dad sighed, gave one last irritated look to Jisoo before walking off to the kitchen.

Jennie smiled gently and nodded for her to come in.

Jisoo stepped inside and slowly took off her shoes before sitting on one of the couches. Jennie sat down on the other with a small wince.

She leaned towards Jisoo and asked, "What happened?"

Jisoo sighed and leaned forward. "You were drugged, Jennie...you were...you were..." she swallowed as she remembered how much she had come on to Jisoo.

Jennie widened her eyes in worry. "I didn't..." she blushed. "I didn't...do...anything right?"

Jisoo shook her head firmly. "No! You just...I was going to take you home myself but...your date...he wanted to take you home himself."