Finally

Jisoo shouldn't have been nervous to go to Jennie's house.

She's been there before. She went to the doorstep. Then the next time she leveled up to the living room.

Who knows maybe she could finally be invited to the kitchen?

Jisoo shook her head as she drove.

What the hell was she thinking?

I'm just nervous, she thought to herself as she drummed her fingers on the steering wheel.

She checked the time.

7:10.

Jennie texted her to come at 7:30 and she was going to be 15 minutes early.

She huffed out a breath as she pulled into Jennie's driveway 5 minutes later.

She sat nervously in her car, waiting for 7:30.

Maybe I should wait for her. She's probably not ready. I should wait.

No sooner had she thought that did Jennie walk out of the house wearing her casual shorts and form fitting, white sweater.

Jisoo took a deep breath and smiled as she knocked on her window.

The raven pressed the button for it to come down and Jennie grinned. "What are you doing out here instead of coming inside?"

"I thought...I thought you might not be ready."

Jennie smiled and pulled open Jisoo's door. "Just come in already." She motioned with her head towards the door.

Jisoo sighed and stepped out before Jennie raised her eyebrows. "What are you wearing?" She took in Jisoo's formal slacks and navy blue button up, very far from what Jisoo was comfortable in.

"Last time I came to your house, your dad made an opinion of me based on the clothes I was wearing. So..." she gestured to herself "I wore this."

Jennie giggled and closed the car door she was holding onto. "Well...it's...." Jennie chuckled again "I don't know how I feel about this! You look so...weird." She met Jisoo's eyes again with mirth twinkling there.

Jisoo did not. "Haha. Laugh all you want."

Jennie shook her head. "My dad isn't even home. I sent him on his way to spend time with friends. Gosh, he needs it after being cooped up in the house since I came home!"

Jisoo felt her palms start to sweat. "So, it's just the 2 of us?"

Jennie scrunched her eyebrows together in confusion. "Yes...why? What happened?"

Jisoo quickly shook her head. "Nothing. Lead the way, ma'am."

Jennie smiled softly and went to the front door with Jisoo trailing behind her.

The brunette ended up in the kitchen where a beautiful aroma swirled around and filled the house.

"Jesus! That's heavenly! Did you cook this?" Jisoo exclaimed.

Jennie chuckled. "It's something I found interesting in the states."

Jisoo came over and said, "Jennie...that's a spicy chicken patty."

Jennie's eyes lit up. "And they're so good! I never had one in South Korea! So I got all the ingredients and made the patties for dinner for the both of—" she glanced at Jisoo and sighed. "You don't like it do you?"

Jisoo blinked. "Are you kidding?! I love anything chicken!"

The brunette's face lit up again. "Really?"