Ch 3, Part 6

Kaede's POV

Everyone filed into the trial room and went to their podiums once again. Another class trial.. Are we really going to keep doing this?

Kiibo and Gonta never deserved to die. Nobody does. But some horrible person among us actually did it..

We are going to find out who did it. I know we will. We just have to work together, and we'll be able to do it. The blackened won't be able to have their way for long..

Alright, let's get this trial started.

Tsumugi, who had been quiet this whole time, started us off

"Okay, I'm just gonna say it, I think Rantaro did it."

Everyone was bewildered by this.

"I- What? Why are you putting the blame on me? Especially at the start of the trial?" Rantaro asked, confused.

"Yeah, Rantaro would never do something like this!" I chimed in.

"It's pretty obvious, actually. Yesterday, when Gonta was under the despair disease, he didn't bother to do anything about it and just left immediately. Don't you think that's.. kinda weird?" Tsumugi asked.

"Tsumugi, you did the same as him. Plus, you haven't spoken a word since the motive reveal. I think that is suspicious in itself." Kiyo pointed out.

"Exactly. And how would that explain that Rantaro is the blackened? Your reasoning makes no sense." Maki added.

"Well.. I never said you guys had to agree with me, I was just.. stating what I thought." Tsumugi said quietly.

"Pfft, whatever! If we're gonna establish suspects, then I'm pretty damn sure Shuichi did it!" Miu said.

"Actually, that would make sense. We all saw how he was acting during the despair disease, if he did kill, then it wouldn't be surprising." Ryoma said.

"Umm, didn't Maki say last trial not to point fingers too soon? We should figure out other things before you all start blaming Shuichi." Kokichi said, annoyed.

"Yes, the trial did just start. Let's at least go over all the information we have, right?" Angie said.

"R-Right! Um.. Who should we talk about first? Kiibo or Gonta..?" Shuichi asked nervously.

"I say we do Gonta, since we really don't have that much information on Kiibo." Rantaro said firmly.

"If that's so, I suppose I'll start us off, then. First, just to get it out of the way, that sword belongs to Maki. She is actually the Ultimate Assassin, and I recognized that sword as the one I borrowed from her." Kiyo stated.

"More like stole, but okay, sure.." Maki mumbled.

"Next, I gave that sword to Miu, and from what I know, she put it in her workshop, but I'm not sure what happened to it afterward. At some point, the sword was supposedly used by our blackened to kill Gonta."