2.

Xiao pov:

I woke up in a strange room, well, it was more of a prison cell. I tried to move my arms and legs but they were chained up. I tried to free myself but that only resulted in me hurting my wrists and ankles. I tried to remember anything about how I ended up here. How long have I been out for? Where was I? Was Venti safe? I had so many unanswered questions. My head felt dizzy, it was throbbing with pain. I heard footsteps coming closer and closer to the cell. I tried one last time to try and get out of the chains, but I failed every time.

The door opened, I saw the silouette of a young man. As he walked closer I was able to see his face clearly...he was Travelers' missing brother.

"You're finally awake. You've been out for a few days, I was starting to think you'd never wake up and die. I guess that the ------------- doesn't kill Adpeti. Well, that's good to know." He said menacingly.

I couldn't do much in my state, so I just glared at him. If looks could kill, he'd be long gone. I wasn't too sure what he wanted from me, after all I was just an Adeptus, and Morax's Yaksha. Was that it? No. There had to be another reason.

He interrupted my thoughts.

"You must me wondering why I brought you here."

"Well it's not every day that someone controls your mind and makes you go with them leaving behind a wounded friend!" I spat at him.

"Friend, huh?"

"Let me tell you something about your friend."

          _________________

Venti pov:

I couldn't stop thinking about the incident that happened 2 days ago...

Xiao...he actually... I felt something run down my cheeks, when had I started crying? I didn't know what to do..The Traveler was back, but I couldn't ask her to do another task for me. I just couldn't bring myself to. Partly because I felt- no I knew it was my fault.

There was a knock at the door.

"Come in"

"Hey Venti!"

"Ah! Traveler! It's been a while!" I tried my best to put on a fake smile. It didn't work.

"Venti..."

"You can talk to me..I heard about what happened, I'm so sorry"

She brought me into a hug, I couldn't help but cry on her shoulder...these feelings I did my best to hold in, finally came out.

"I-it's all my fault! I couldn't...I couldn't protect him!"

Short Lumine pov:

Oh Venti...I could feel how hurt he was... emotionally and mentally. He blamed himself, I'm no stranger to that feeling...

"Venti... it'll be okay, I'll help you get him back. I promise."

I kept hugging him until he finished crying and fell asleep. I really can't imagine the pain he is in.

          ___________________

??? Pov:

"He's in a weak state at the moment. Do you wish for me to execute the plan?"

"Yes, this could be the moment we've been waiting for. Proceed."

??? looked at the weak Bard laying peacefully in bed.

"Your peaceful nap will have to be interrupted, Barbatos..."