1.

Venti pov:

I fought with all my power. I couldn't let them take him away from me. I don't want to lose someone else again... especially him..

"You really have become weaker, Barbatos." said the Abyss pince, or also recognized as the traveler's sibling.

"I didn't expect you to put up quite the fight, sorry to ruin your fun, but I must get going now. Let's go Xiao."

I started at Xiao in disbelief...was he really going with him? After all the fighting I did to stop them from getting their hands on him? I couldn't get any backup, after all, the Traveler was in Sumeru and would be returning to Liyue the next day, and Morax was busy with that ginger fatui. I had to try and stop them...

"As you wish."

I looked up immediately...Xiao, Morax's Yaksha...was kneeling before the Abyss prince?! I opened my mouth to try and say something, but no words came out.

"X-XIAO" was all I could say. He turned to look at me...that wasn't the Xiao I knew. This one had magenta colored eyes, his purple diamond mark on his forehead was magenta as well, as for the marks on his arm...they too were magenta. What was going on?? Why did his eyes look so...lifeless? Empty? Dark? Murky? He has no emotion... almost like a puppet.

"Xiao..please don't leave with him. I don't want you to leave me, please!"

"..."

"Xiao! Say something! Please!"

He stayed motionless.

"You're quite sad Barbatos. You're still as pathetic as ever."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I felt tears start to fall down my face. Those words..hurt. And to salt to the injury, it was Xiao who had said them...

"Well, looks like our time here is up. Let's go." The prince said casually.

"Oh! And don't worry Barbatos! You'll meet again soon enough." He said with a smirk as Xiao walked through the portal, following the prince's orders.

"See you soon Barbatos. I can't wait to see your pathetic face again."

And that was the end of the fight...I couldn't protect the person I loved. I'm never going to forgive myself for that. I'll do everything in my power, which isn't a lot, to bring him back. No matter the consequences it'll have. I swear. I'll bring Xiao back. To Liyue. To...me.