Chapter 4.

"Chaeyoung, chaeyoung?...CHAEYOUNG" the shout catches my attention and I look up,
"Mrs Son, are you listening?.." my history teacher gives me a stern look, I shake my head "sorry miss, could you repeat that?" The class chuckles at my teachers sigh.
"Take a walk Chaeyoung" she gestures to the door and I get up from my seat and walk out.

It's my first day back at school since being diagnosed, the teachers know but I begged them to not go easy on me, but you can tell in their eyes they're worried about me.
I walk around the hall for a while when my phone pings, I rummage around in my pocket and pull it out, Myoui mina my screen reads.

A selfie of her and her dog Ray, the text reads "missing uuu!!" I smile slightly, me and Mina have been talking and hanging out alot since that day in the waiting room, it's been 2 months since then. I pull my beanie down further and then begin to reply "when can I see you?" I cringe but send it anyways
"Anytime you want" my phone pings again, I smile at the text and type once again

"Come over this weekend?" I put my phone back in my pocket and walk back to class, before opening the door I hear the ping again and smile before entering the room, Myoui Mina you can wait.

When I walk back into the class, Dahyun and Tzuyu look over at me, worried, I smile at them and they ease back into their seats, I take my seat back inbetween my two overprotective friends and pay attention to the lesson this time.

Within a blink of an eye it's lunch time, I'm sat across from Dahyun and Tzuyu, picking at my lunch.
"Are you alright?" Dahyun asks, stuffing a dumpling in her mouth.
I chuckle and look at her "I'm fine, just not hungry"
She nods and swallows what's in her mouth, she's been understanding about the whole thing. Just as I go to open my mouth I hear this degrading voice behind me.

"There she is! My sisters girlfriend!"
I grit my teeth and spin round in my seat "Myoui Sana, hi" I smile at her.
"Will you be over this weekend chaeyoungie?" She tilts her head and i reply with a shake of mine

"Thank god!" She chuckles and turns away "big group of gays..."she whispers to her minions
I turn back around in my seat to my friends, Atleast someone still acts the same since my diagnosis.

"Why would you be in Myoui Sanas house...she has a sister?" Tzuyu whispers, the realisation hits that they're unaware of Myoui Mina, I just didn't tell them that I had been tired and couldn't sleep.

"Uh, I'm kinda hanging out with her sister Mina, she's another patient in the ward, we met there, she goes to Uhm..JY academy..." I look down, I can feel my face getting redder and redder.

"IS SHE YOUR GIRLFRIEND?!" Dahyun shouts, I can feel the whole cafeteria looking at us, I sink into my hoodie and shake my head "no Kim Dahyun. she isn't."
"Oh..." The two burst out laughing, I can't make out what they're trying to say through the wheezes, I give them a blank expression and they stop.
"Sorry" they say in unison, i let out a chuckle and pick up something from my plate.

After a long day of studying and dealing with mean girls that think being blonde is a personality trait I finally walk through the doors of my home, which has begun to become much more of a house instead of a home, my parents have began to argue a lot more, my father sleeps on the couch and my brother is completely oblivious to my situation and my parents are against telling him.

I take my shoes off and leave them in the hall repeating a series of daily events that become almost autopilot.

I smell the food my mother is making in the kitchen, my father is not home from work yet and my brothers chair creeks in his room indicating that he is at his desk.
I take my phone from my pocket and check if there's an update from Myoui Mina — Mina, she told me to stop being so formal.
A notification from 3 minutes ago is idle on my screen.
I rush up the stairs anticipating the words that will be on the other side once I unlock my iPhone.

After a full night of messaging back and forth and exchanging memes with Mina, I decide that 3:23AM is the perfect time to turn in the rag, I yawn softly and turn off the light on my bedside table, I sent a quick goodnight to Mina and place the phone on my bedside table. As I'm about to fully lay myself to rest the phone pings. I jump up once again and unlock the phone to see the message.

"Can I call you? I can't sleep"
My face turns a slight red shade as I reread the message for the 5th time.
Myoui Mina wants to call me? Fall asleep on the phone with me?.
I quickly reply and anticipate the ringing.
As soon as her name comes up I answer.

"Hey"
"Hi"

Hi guys! As of this moment this is the last pre written chapter I have, as it's the middle of exam season I don't know when my next upload will be but hopefully in the next 2 weeks while I have a break. Please be patient:).
-peachesmichaeng.