4. Birthdays and other... surprises - Part 1

The restaurant wasn't as crowded as Tinn thought it would be, as he parked his new vehicle (which was his parent's graduation present) in the vacant parking lot. Spotting a familiar scooter at the far right, Tinn's lips curved up in a smile, only to freeze on the spot, remembering why the scooter was already here.

I'm late.

Grabbing the present, he had neatly packed (with his mom's help, of course), he started running up the stairs. Choosing a seaside location for Phat's birthday party was Gun's idea, and while at first Tinn wasn't sure, he had to give into his boyfriend's puppy-dog eyes, while the rest of the gang gagged on point, while the two boys snuggled in public. He had his reservations, still. He wasn't going to voice them out unless otherwise necessary.

Gun was seated with his legs up, arms crossed, looking at his watch at random intervals and Tinn knew that he was screwed. The entire gang was here: the Chinzhilla boys, Nook, Tiw and Kajorn?

"PHI-" Kajorn started as Gun looked up, his eyes sparkling like little diamonds in a night sky.

Tiw waved as Kajorn somehow was standing next to Tinn, while Gun scowled, looking at the two of them.

"Ah, Kajorn", Tinn started, making his way towards the two tables that were put together to create one long table, "I didn't know you were going to come."

"Ah Phi, I had to come because-", he paused, scratching his head and looking over at the table.

Everyone was listening to their conversation carefully, perhaps wondering why he was here after all. Kajorn beamed, as he usually did and dragged Tinn by his arm, to sit between him and Gun (who actually glared at their joined hands – which Tinn removed before he sat down, just in case), as the others looked over at him. He quickly gave Phat a hug and the present, and was pulled back to the seat by Gun, who's fingers were interwoven through his denim loops.

Whose boyfriend, is he? Why is he so cute?

Tinn smiled to himself, as he removed Gun's hands from his denim trouser, to lace their hands together under the table, assuring his boyfriend.

"Tinn is finally here", Tiw drawled, standing up, "Let the festivities begin!"

A large chocolate cake was brought out to celebrate Phat's birthday as everyone sung the birthday song to him. Chaos ensued when Phat couldn't blow the candles in one blow as Yo volunteered and Win yelled. Sound had to physically restrain his boyfriend in order to protect the cake as Gun jumped in between and calmed everyone down. Tinn and Tiw just started at the chaotic boy's, nothing new. However, Kajorn was gob smacked, staring at this tumultuous tableau, with complete horror. While everyone started talking with each other loudly, Gun tugged at Tinn's hands, pulling him closer, to whisper, "Why are you late?"

"Remember that seminar that was supposed to be on Tuesday?" Tinn whispered and Gun nodded, "It shifted to today. I was planning to do it online, but Mom told me to join them live so I'd get to know the lecturers more."

"So, you came all the way from university?" Asked Gun, more interested in Tinn's conversation than the festivities.

"Yeah." He nodded, "Why, did my baby miss me?"

Bringing Gun's hand secretly to his lips, he kissed the back of his palm as Gun's pout turned into a shit-eating grin. Staring at each other, Tinn softly shook his head, a gesture that didn't go unnoticed by Tiw.

"It's barely been two minutes and the lovebirds are already making out with each other" Tiw jokes, grinning widely.

"WE WEREN'T-" Kajorn yelled loudly and everyone froze.

Seated next to Kajorn, Phat had his arms around Kajorn's neck, his spectacles misted and lips swollen artfully as everyone's jaws fell open.

"Well, well, well", started Por, dressed impeccably well in a pink sweater, and white jeans, with a matching seashell-adorned necklace, that sported both Por's and Tiw's necks, "When did this happen?"

As it seemed, after Gun's drunken haze before Chinzhilla's first Hot Wave performance, Kajorn and Phat had met up for night classes. Initially fighting each other at classes, they had become accustomed to each other and even met up with each other for assignments, gradually developing their enmity into friendship and eventually romance. When Kajorn caught Gun and Tinn dating, his guilty conscience was eating him up (his words), and the immediate hostility was a result of not exposing his relationship with Phat, to Tinn and Tiw.

As lunch was served, everyone started relaxing more, with Kajorn trying new dishes that Phat recommended, Tiw and Por giggling in a corner, Sound burning his tongue with spicy meat, Win scrounging the entire table for water, Yo choking, Nook wrapping her arms around her boyfriend's waist, trying to help him. The only two people who were missing was Gun and Tinn.

"Where's Tinn and Gun?" Asked Yo, finally realizing the absence, as everyone looked around in sudden comprehension.

"They must be eating each other's faces out somewhere", Sound provided, as everyone made gagging faces.

And just then, Tinn and Gun arrived, while everyone stopped and stared at the disheveled couple, holding hands.

"What the hell happened?", asked Win, standing up and staring.

End of Part 1.