3. A little help from my mom's friends...

Tinn was wringing his fingers together, as he felt Gun shift uncomfortably next to him, his knee bouncing rhythmically. He felt the urge to hold Gun's knees to calm him down, but he couldn't even stop himself from biting his lips with nervousness. Seated on the sofa, Tinn felt exposed. Especially with his mom seated in front of them, occasionally looking over at the two nervous boys who didn't even meet her eyes.

"So.." she started, clearing her throat but before she could continue, Gun's mom fumbled in, holding a number of bags in her hands, grinning enthusiastically/apologetically.

"Oh god, I thought I missed it—" Gim paused, looking over at Potjanee, who gave her a pointed look.

Gim grinned as she sat down in the opposite and both Tinn and Gun hung their heads, defeated. They knew why they were called out, and they felt shame rise along their cheeks. Gun was still bouncing his knee and Tinn found the stray thread on his denim trousers more interesting than the almost-conversation.

It happened on a Sunday morning when Gun came for a sleepover the previous night. The boys alternately slept at each other's house, claiming that they were helping each other out for university. And since the parents have already given them permission to date, staying at each other's places were getting usual. Often Potjanee and Gim caught the boys snuggling and giggling in their rooms, and they found it cute. However, that morning, Potjanee smiled subtly, and paused at Tinn's bedroom door, holding a couple of letters addressed to Tinn. She raised her fist to knock on the door, when the door opened by itself. She wondered if Gun went home early in the morning, and pushed open the door, only to freeze on the spot.

Gun has definitely not gone home.

They were on the bed, as usual. Wrapped up in each other's embrace. Kissing. Not just kissing, they were practically in a full on make out, hands sneaking inside each other's shirts, soft grunts and moans filling the otherwise silent room. Potjanee's face flushed red, and she sprinted out of the room, dropping the letters in the rush.

Gim's throat clearing brought everyone back to the matter at hand, as Potjanee looked over at her and smiled, eyes fluttering in nervousness.

"So.." she tried again, taking a deep breath, "I talked with Gun's mom about some things that you two need to know before you.. go to university and I think, we, as parents, should advice you about this."

Tinn and Gun were still not meeting her eyes and Gim rolled her eyes and pulled herself forward in on the chair.

"Listen, we've been in your age too and we know what we feel towards our.." Gun's mom nodded at the boys as Potjanee shrinked back into the chair in embarrassment, "significant other. So we're not going to stop you from.. exploring.. each other, further. But we want you to be safe-"

Tinn rose from the sofa, temporarily confusing Gun, as both mothers stared at him.

Shit. What should I say? Why did I get up?

"Tinn?" Asked Gim as Potjanee looked up at her son with curiosity.

Tinn was flushed red as he looked down at Gun, who was scratching behind his ear, wondering why on earth Tinn made them so obvious.

"W-We haven't.. we.. it's not.. we didn't.." he started, but Gun interrupted.

"Safe. Yes. We understand."

"I have a couple of pamphlets that I borrowed from a f-", Potjanee started, going through the numerous amount of documents on the coffee table as Tinn's eyes widened at the sight of a single bottle of lube and a packet of condoms that sat snuggled next to a plastic bag that was being obscured all this time. He couldn't even face Gun, who he knew, from his peripheral vision, was red in the face at it too. They both saw it.

"MOM, NO." Tinn all but yelled, as Gun stood up too.

"Mom, I think we should.. go.." Gun walked over to his mom, grabbing her by the elbow and pulling her up, amidst her grumbling. Even he, who was usually confident while with Tinn, was red in the face, embarrassed to the core.

Tinn had his palms on his ears, as if blocking all sounds would solve this completely embarrassing situation they were in. The mothers understood, but Gun saw how Tinn's mom pushed the bottle of lube towards his mother, who conspicuously dumped it into her handbag, perhaps for future lectures at home.

"I brought some cream buns from the-"

"Mom, let's go. Please" Gun pleaded, dropping a quick wai to Tinn's mom, who nodded, with a grin on her face.

The moms waved at each other as Gun looked at Tinn and shook his head, embarrassment apparent on both their faces. Today was the strangest, and most embarrassing day of all days.