• Chapter Fifty •

|| 10 months later ||

Y/N'S POV ::

People says you heal with time but no, it's wrong. Healing is a long process. Sometimes it takes days or sometimes months. It doesn't matter though. No matter how many days or years it takes, the process must go on. I don't feel like I've healed but yeah I've learned how to live with that void place in my heart.

I smile widely as I stare around the ground and see children playing with each other. Their laughter echoes,creating a soothing music to my heart. I feel alive.

"Mrs Jeon?" I tilt my head to see Hyuna standing besides me with a pleasant smile on her face. She is 29yrs young lady. She takes care of the orphanage when I'm not present here. "Yeah?" I muttered. "I have this few documents for you to sign.." she hands me the file as I flip through the pages. I take the file from her and sign them afterwards. "Thank you." She smiles while I return it with my own. "Hey you look a lot skinny. Aren't you eating well?" I questioned, staring at the lady.

"Ahh I'm fine really.. just.. a normal diet.." I chuckle at that. "A diet is okay but keep it healthy." I muttered. We both continued to take a walk around the building. We don't have many kids at our orphanage and that was the good thing because no child deserves to live without his parents.

"Miss y/n! Miss y/n! Miss y/n!" There were multiple tiny voices calling out to me as I turned around and saw the bunch of kids running towards me. I let out a chuckle, staring at them. "Slow down a bit, yeah?" I muttered causing them all to crash into me. Crouching down to their level, I looked at the kids. "So where's the fire?" I questioned to the small boy. "You said you'll play with us." The boy stated as I formed an oh shape with my lips. "I did, right?"

They all nodded at me. I turned to Hyuna then. "We don't have anything else to do now, right?" I questioned. "The other teachers and I will look into it. You're free, Mrs Jeon." The lady smiled before excusing herself. "Okay! Let's do some art today!" I announced, causing the kids to jump up and down. We painted,some made crafts, some helped me decorate the room. It went on for a very long time. It times like this when I feel that I'm alive.

I don't realize when the time passes and we are done doing so many things. The paper planes are all scattered across the floor while the kids bicker with each other. I tell the cleaning, guy to take care of it before I take the kids out in garden to play some more. "Let's play tag!" One of the boys exclaimed. I knitted brows together as I watched them decide with each other before they all turned to me. "Miss y/n will be the tagger!"

"What? How do you play this now?" I knew how to play but isn't it a little fun watching those 7-8yr old kids teaching you how to play in a serious tone. Sully, the girl hits her head as she steps forward. A pout visible on her lips in between her squishy cheeks. "You wear a blindfold and try to catch other!" The girl exclaimed as I let out a hum while pinching her cheeks lightly. "Fine. I get it miss sully. I'll be the tagger!" I exclaimed.

Soon after a black piece of clothe was tied over my eyes. The kids giggled among themselves as they moved me in circles and then they all scattered around. The fits of laughter were echoing in the orphanage, including my own. "You little munchkins! I'm going to catch you all!" I exclaimed, hearing them let out a fits of laughter. I walked around, throwing my hands in air as I tried to grab them but I was met only with air. "Catch us,Miss y/n!" Someone exclaimed.

Suddenly, I can feel the heavy footsteps approaching me. The laughter echoed some more. I was bumped into something hard as I wrapped my arms around it. The children were screaming as I realized that my arms are wrapped around someone's waist. The smell of citrus and spices reach my nostrils. The familiar cologne was enough to tell me about the person I was hugging. His arms secured around my waist instantly as I removed my blindfold.