• Chapter Thirty-Four •

JUNGKOOK'S POV ::

"I love you so much, wild cat." The words came out before I could even stop them. As if they were sitting right on my tongue waiting to be free. It feels nice and light to let them out. I want her to know that I love her. I love her so much. I can paint it in the sky. I can yell it in front of the world. I can tattoo it forever on my skin. Y/n's smiles dims before I see the look in her eyes. She stares at me for a brief moment with so much emotions. I nod at her ,urging her to speak. A lone tear escaped her eyes which I immediately wiped away.

"Biggie.." she whispered as I shook my head. "Why are you even crying?" I smiled as she shook her head before hugging me as I stroked her back. The night was cold yet calm. The moonlight was illuminating on us. This night became the witness of my confession today and I couldn't be more happier. A while later she pulled away but I held onto her figure. "Kook... I.." I placed my hand over her mouth. "Don't say it." I muttered as she shook her head. I pulled my hand away to let her speak. "Let me.." she whispered as I gave her warning look. She let out a sigh before looking away from my eyes.

"What if i forget later?" She whispered as a part of my heart broke down. "Will you?" I asked as her eyes turned to me and I held them captive. "I won't let that happen. I told you, didn't I?" I asked as she nodded. "I have you imprinted on my soul,y/n. You'll come back to me no matter where you are. I'll always find my way to you no matter where I am." I mumbled with a smile. She blinked at me. "You're becoming a poet." She chuckled with a sniff as I nodded. "Love does." I said while hitting my chest with my fist. "Can you promise me one thing?" She asked as I held her hand in mine and hummed with a soft peck on her knuckles. "Try asking.."

"If by chance I end up forgetting you..." she stammered with a gulp. "..do whatever it takes to make me remember you.. Even if I push you away.. please come back to me.. don't leave..can you promise me? That you'll get my memories b-back?" She held out her pinky finger in front of me while her eyes were locked to mine. "I don't want this one.." I said as her eyes dropped with her hand but I held it again. "What if I want this one?" I pointed out.

Her eyes widened as she stared at the finger i was holding. Her ring finger. "W-what.. are you.." I hummed. "I know it has only been four months since we are officially dating but the time is enough to know that I want you by my side for eternity." I mumbled. She blinked. "But..." she stammered out as I let out a sigh. "You don't have to answer it..." she looked at me. "Are you doing all this because-"

"No."

I cut off her words before cupping her cheeks. "I'm saying this all because I'm feeling it all now. In this moment. I couldn't wait to tell you till your surgery. And you know.. even if you would by any chance,end up forgetting me.. then I would still come to you and scream at you just how much I love you." I stated. "I don't need any of the answers right now." I added before a small smile took over me. I wanted to run away with her far from everything and everyone where she is healthy and fine. Just happy in my arms. "You do realize that it won't mean anything if I.."

"That won't happen. I know." Her eyes glistened as I let out a sigh. "Let's get you back now, shall we? It's getting late." She nodded at my words. The car ride back to the hospital was silent but I didn't push her. I get that she is thinking after everything I've told her.

Now my heart was bare in her hands.

Next day when I entered the hospital, y/n wasn't in her room instead I found her in children's department. She was playing with kids. I'll never find out why she loved loving others so much. I leaned against the wall and stared at her. The way she would giggle and laugh at every silly things the kids would do was adorable. My attention went towards the papers the kids were holding. Or to be more specific they were making something from papers.