90. Thursday, Again

This bonus chapter is dedicated to sofia. Thank you!

Thursday, the morning of the debate...

"Any last words, Baby Lorna?" Becker said, leaning over me while Todd roughly pulled my thighs apart to reveal a possible injection site. Becker Senior was juggling the automatic injectors between his hands, dancing and flashing from one side to the other. He had to make a show of it, just to enhance my helplessness. It was a real struggle to keep from crying, even without the Overload dose. I knew that there was nothing I could do now, and there was just one tiny hope left in my mind.

I couldn't keep my eyes open, the tension was just too much for me. I heard the taps like a drum solo as Becker let the injectors come ro rest one by one on the desk, their activation buttons flat on the surface. He would just need to push them down and then the mechanism was armed; and then place them against my skin. The needles would pop out as soon as the business end detected the patient's DNA.

Taptaptaptaptap. The syringes were resting there. I didn't want to look, but I could still see it in my mind's eye. He'd have his hand on top of the injectors, holding a half dozen syringes vertical with the DNA-sensing domes on the top and the buttons against the desktop. He always did this; it was his way of showing off about the safety mechanism he had helped to develop. And then there was a bleep, and the whirr of pump mechanisms as the syringes activated instantly, delivering a nasty cocktail of Overload, Floodgates, AntiDex, Vapor, Loquaciousness, Diffusion, and the accelerant boosters straight into the pharmacist's hand.

It seemed like an eternity, almost a heartbeat, before I heard him scream and the spent needles clatter to the floor. I remembered that he'd just said something about it being more painful if you injected them in an area without much fat, and I was sure that his palm and fingertips were just as good as my shoulder blade for that purpose. Just what he deserved.

"Huh?" Todd mumbled, hands still on my legs. He froze in confusion, with no idea what was going on. He didn't need to worry about me; he was more concerned with the stream of curses coming from his father, who had somehow leapt to blaming Todd already. Todd knew that I couldn't fight against his groping because my hands were in cuffs, so he wasn't expecting me to free myself and reach behind me for the guy standing so close that he was practically drooling on my shoulder. I found his dick, and I really wasn't surprised to find that he was getting turned on by this. But I wasn't interested in that now, and I had no intention of helping him to get off. I squeezed as hard as I could, shifted my grip to make sure I had his balls too, and then twisted.

Now there were two Beckers screaming in frustration, and neither of them had enough situational awareness to stop my escape. I should just have run; I knew that. But there was a dark impulse deep in my subconscious that needed to hurt them. Just watching him stab himself wasn't enough. I grabbed the injectors that were left on the desk; a couple of boosters. I didn't check what kind they were, and I was too high on adrenaline to pay much attention. I hit Todd in the side of his neck, and the pharmacist in his upper arm. Stupid, careless, and illegal; but it felt good. And my suspicion that Todd's dose of Diffusion hadn't actually ended was confirmed as he doubled over with stomach cramps. Would that booster make him fart even more, or was he about to crap his pants? Either way, I felt it would be a good way to stop him harassing me further.

"Don't fuck with me," I snapped. I pulled the door open and rushed outside, then slammed it again behind me. I didn't know how long it would take them to get over their current situation, but when I saw Mr Wallis, the inspector, striding towards the shop I was sure that the Beckers would have more than enough problems on their plate. On the other hand, I'd just used one of those boosters against every one of the rules. I didn't want to be facing the authorities until I had time to work out what I was going to tell them. But I remembered that Mr Wallis was Mrs Yuan's nephew; so if I asked her to vouch for me, he might be willing to advise me on how to minimise my own punishment before I made an official statement.