Ch. 12 Of Fortune Cookies & Bears

Alec's POV

I was with Emmett at the mall. He told me exactly where to go to get our girlfriends' surprise presents. Emmett stopped me and his head snapped to the store on my left.

" That's it?", I asked.

" Yeah, bro.", Emmett nodded and dragged me in. What is a 'bro'? Oh well...

I walked in and the bright lights and reflections ALMOST made us shine. I walked to the most expensive glass case first. Emmett was at the same one. I looked inside and one drew my attention.

" Can I help you with anything, sir?", asked a worker.

" Yes, may I see that one.", I pointed.

" Surely.", he smiled and took out the keys from his pocket. He pulled out the ring and handed it to me.

I stared at it. A big diamond with two smaller ones on each side. Smaller diamonds covered the outer side of the ring. (Sorry, I don't speak rings... Picture at the end of page)

" How much?", I asked.

" Twenty.", he answered. I nodded and wrote a check. Handing it to him he boxed the ring for me. He handed it to me and my receipt.

" Can I see this one?", asked Emmett showing the worker which one.

" I'm sorry, are your parents here? You look a little young for marriage.", The worker questioned.

" I'm sorry, I'm twenty-two. Oh, and his legal guardian slash brother.", I interrupted.

" Okay, here you are.", he handed Emmett the ring.

Emmett examined it.

" How much?", Emmett asked.

" Ten thousand.", the worker replied.

" Here's a check.", Emmett handed him the check.

The worker handed the ring back in a box.

" Humans are so oblivious to us. It's hilarious. You could past for a fourteen year old even.", Emmett muttered under his breath. I nodded.

" Can we get reservations at a Chinese restaurant?", asked Emmett.

" Yeah, but why?", I asked. Oh no, I'm losing my proper etiquette.

" In a movie, I saw this guy give his girlfriend a fortune cookie and inside was a ring. I know how to make fortune cookies, so I'm going to do that. What about you?", Emmett answered.

" I bought a stuffed bear, with our names and today's date sewed on the back, it has a pouch that I will put the ring in, and it holds her favorite flowers in it's hands.", I explained. He nodded and we went to the restaurant to set everything up.

" Okay, we want the table near the window in the back, four chairs and a high-chair.", I instructed. They nodded.

We finally went home but left the presents at the restaurant. Once we pulled up we quickly went in and changed into tuxedo's that Alice, kindly laid out for us. Once we were ready we waited downstairs for the girls. Alice brought down Chase who was dressed in a mini-tux, and some black shoes.

In a whoosh of air I looked up the stairs to see Rosalie in a stunning red dress, and my Bella in a midnight blue dress, cut in the back, with blue heels. I used my super speed and gave them each an arm while helping them down the stairs and to the car. I was even more anxious the closer we got. Finally we parked. I closed my door and flew to Bella's side. Holding my hand out she took it and I kissed her hand while helping her out of the car. Emmett put his arm around Rosalie as she held Chase.

We walked in and it was empty, as planned. The lights were dimmed. Beautiful music filled the room. Our food steaming, set on the table. We walked over and as proper gentlemen, pulled out our girl's seat. Emmett sat Chase in the high-chair.

They all finished eating and Emmett nodded towards me. I returned it.

" Would you like a fortune cookie?", Emmett asked holding it out for Rosalie. She nodded and took it.

" I bought you this Bella.", I handed my love the bear. At that split second, Bella pulled out the ring, and Rosalie cracked open the fortune cookie, letting her ring fall into her hand. They both gasped.

" Isabella Marie Swan, I know we've been dating for a few months, but I love you. So... Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?", I asked.

" Rosalie Hale. You know I love you a lot, babe. Will you marry me?", Emmett asked Rose.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

***************************************************************************************************************************************

____________________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

I am sorry for the cliffhanger. I have tests starting next week and I will try to upload as much as possible. Thanks for reading. LUV YA LOTS! ;D

Bella's Ring Link:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41AY56aN2nL.jpg

Rosalie's Ring Link:

http://l.thumbs.canstockphoto.com/canstock5452461.jpg