Drown

Hello my loves, a few words before we start.

1. Sirius runs away during the Christmas Holidays of his 6th year, Regulus' 5th year. The first chapter starts at the beginning of February. Sirius' birthday is in October Regulus' birthday is in April. So in the beginning, Sirius is 17 and Regulus is 15, turning 18 and 16 within the calendar year.

2. The first few chapters are short and very light and we rather remain on the light and romantic side of things for a while. But we WILL get dark. This fanfiction is primarily about the indoctrination of students by the dark and the light side. We focus on Regulus being torn between what he has to do and wants to do and thinks he has to do or should do. There will be war. There will be minor character death - what does that mean? It means James, Regulus, Sirius and Remus will not die. I'm not making any other promises.
Jegulus is at the centre of things of course.
There is Reggie and Remus friendship. There is Wolfstar always on the side. There is rather minor and late MaryLily and DorLene. There is quite a lot of RoseKiller - dark RoseKiller.

3. There are so many drowning references in this. I'm sorry. Actually, I'm not, I like them. It's the leading metaphor we're using. Why? Because we enjoy pain.

4. Every chapter has a dedicated song. Most of them reference drowning, again sorry not sorry. You can give the songs a go every once in a while, they're all very good ❤️
Here's the Playlist with all of them (yes, in the correct order) https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7ga8B4SsM8LZMhbNERHoD9?si=d14802ccc46a4779

5. I write this in Word and for some reason WattPad does weird things to the formation and layout sometimes. I'm sorry. I'm trying to fix it.

_____________________________________________________

Drown me out
After all of this pain you won't see me
Drown me now
Through the fire and the smoke you can breathe me
Drown me out
- Drown by Get Scared

It feels like drowning, seeing Sirius at the other end of the Great Hall.

It has felt like drowning since the day Regulus woke up and he wasn't there. His mother had a meltdown over him leaving.

A meltdown which accumulated in hexes and curses which sent Regulus to the floor with aching mind and body.

He couldn't breathe.

He hasn't breathed since Sirius left.

And seeing him at Hogwarts, miles and miles away from him at the other end of the hall, makes it worse.

Sirius is breathing.

Sirius is laughing and beaming and turning from friend to friend with an open and happy face.

Regulus is watching him from beneath the water.

Yes, drown me in your indifference.

At first Regulus had been angry. So very angry at Sirius.

But unfortunately, he understands him to an extent. He understands wanting it all to stop. He understands not wanting to be in that house and being treated the way they have been treated since he can remember.

He does not understand how Sirius could leave him though.

They were ripped apart six years ago when Sirius had been sorted into Gryffindor.

"Nothing will change. I am still your brother. I will always be with you. You and I against the world," Sirius wrote in a letter all those years ago. Walburga had sent a howler to Sirius beforehand and had been yelling about Sirius bringing dishonour to their house for days. Regulus had been scared... he had been terrified this would mean Sirius wouldn't be there for him through Hogwarts. They were supposed to take care of each other at school like they had been doing it at home.