Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Akari

The assassination begins with Okajima and Mimura's video.

The first attack is a psychology attack aimed at Korosensei's embarrassing weaknesses. Okajima and a few have been stalking him for some time and discovered plenty mortifying secrets our respectful teacher has been doing behind our backs. For example: what kind of a living being fries tissue paper like they are fried chicken and eats them?!

Oh wait. There's one: Korosensei.

There are too many secrets they discovered and I cannot list them out one by one. Korosensei's pretty much drained when the one-hour long video ends.

Sorry, Korosensei. We didn't mean to be that mean. But since you're about to destroy Earth, we might as well use everything we got. We still want to live next year.

Korosensei 's face is paled and his concentration has been diverted thus he isn't aware of his surroundings. The high tide has caused water to flood the floors of the chapel dome. By now, Korosensei has absorbed a large amount of water to hinder his speed.

Next, our top students cash in their rewards—the destruction of 7 tentacles. The moment all 7 of them are destroyed, the walls of the dome crashes with the help of high-speed water jets. Then, we create a hydraulic cage using flying boards. The seven top students along with Ritsu fire anti-sensei bullets randomly within the cage. A cage of water and anti-sensei bullets completely cuts off Korosensei's escape route and decreases his reaction rate because he has no penchant for sudden changes in surroundings. Lastly, our two best snipers—Rinka and Chiba emerge from underwater and snipe him. We fool Korosensei by making him believe they are on the top of the hill using dummies.

Everything would have been perfect. Earth would have remained standing till the end until Korosensei flashes his ultimate trump card of trump cards.

The Ultimate Defense State.

Korosensei retracts into a tiny baseball-sized globe with a layer of transparent matter covering his round face. According to him, nothing can scratch this protective layer, not even a nuclear bomb.

We failed.

The assassination we took days to plan foiled by slight miscalculations of Korosensei's hidden tricks. After all we done, everything was for naught. Terasaka vents out his frustrations on the smirking Korosensei globe while Karma displays his pranking talents. Karasuma-sensei announces he will discuss further with his superiors on how to deal with this indestructible globe.

Karma lends a hand to me and lifts me up from the water. When the adrenaline rush within me ebbs, I quake as a breeze blows past me. Immediately, something is draped across my shoulders. Karma wordlessly covers me with his maroon-coloured shirt. His arms reach out to embrace me and warm me up but I shake my head. I glance at the others around me. We're not alone. It would be embarrassing to let him hug me when our relationship hasn't elevated to a canon couple. He shrugs and sighs, a trace of disappointment flash through his eyes.

I change into a blue shirt and a pair of sandy-brown short pants I left at the lounge. Then I sit quietly at the table with Nagisa and Karma. The rest sit at the lounge as well, silence and disappointment the theme of the place. Some plant their faces on the table while some just stare into the distance, contemplating on how a successful plan can be a failure in the end. My eyes spot Rinka and Chiba sitting by a table, heads lowered with pure disappointment etched on their faces. My feet urge to carry me to Rinka and console her but I find myself in the same position as hers. I am as disappointed as her. I can't find words to console myself, let alone to her.