Chapter 6

Nagisa

Nagisa watches silently in the corner as the events unfold one by one. Just as Nakamura instructed, Nagisa has jotted down his findings in his trusty notebook, and he is very proud of himself for doing such a brilliant job.

These few days, a lot of prominent events occurred. For one is the transfer of a new student, an AI to be precise. Her name is Ritsu. Secondly, is the constant hang out between Akari and Isogai. Both of them have been hanging out with each other more frequently, after Isogai has stated indirectly that he likes her.

So are they dating now?

This is newsworthy. Thus, Nagisa commences his stalking-correction, observation on them.

He followed them to the library the other day and thank god they didn't notice his presence. He watched as Akari getting too hyped seeing so many books gathered in a place. He observed as Isogai smiled widely at Akari, a kind of smile Nagisa had never seen before. Isogai's crush for her was evident.

The third event was when Akari had invited him along to a new dessert place Nakamura had dreaded to go. Isogai was joining so Nagisa joined too to get some juicy scoop. Nagisa wasn't focused on his dessert like everyone else. His eyes darted from Akari to Isogai frequently, in a meanwhile trying not to get caught by them. Akari was completely absorbed in her dessert, enjoying each bite like heaven melted in her mouth. Isogai, however, didn't focus on his dessert but rather on her instead. Nagisa noticed the rosiness of his cheeks whenever he looked at her, occasionally a small smile would creep onto his face.

The following event was how Karma reacted when Akari cancelled her training with him for these two days. As usual, Karma was impassive about it. But Nagisa knew the boy too well that when the boy plopped his head onto his desk, he knew something was up. Karma looked completely drained of energy despite having nothing to do the whole day except sitting at his seat and listen to Korosensei's teachings. Maybe it had something to do with Akari cancelling their training. Maybe Karma was jealous that Akari was hanging out with Isogai instead of him.

Despite his previous findings during the Kyoto trip, Nagisa still can't be 100% sure that Karma likes Akari. It has been an arduous journey for Nagisa, to dig out the trio's deep secrets and also to avoid getting caught. Who knows what they will do to him when they find out they are being stalked-observed, especially Karma.

But the most important event that Nagisa has found out happened earlier today. Training resumed for Karma and Akari. And somehow, Akari has landed on top of Karma. Then they stayed that way for quite some time. 5 minutes? After that, both have acted like such stuff never happened before. No telltale sign of blushes on their cheeks. Just as Nagisa thought that nothing else more newsworthy that can happen, Karma complimented Akari. Complimented her!

"I like it when you let your hair down. You look pretty that way."

Goosebumps appears on his arms. Nagisa is completely surprised. What Karma said, whether deliberately or not, is a form of indirect confession.

He likes her he likes her he likes her he likes her.

Such shocking news! Finally a confirmation on Karma's feelings for her. Nagisa smirks internally. He knew it. He knew it all along. Karma really likes her, just that he still couldn't wrap his mind around the whole romance thing. That is probably the only reason why Karma looked so dazed when he knew Isogai likes Akari. Another thing Nagisa knows for sure that Karma doesn't know that he himself likes her. Which indefinitely explains how he acts around her. Body intelligence, Nagisa assumes, is the important element in Karma's indirect confession. His entire body probably likes her. His heart knows too. But his brain, the only logical thinking machine in Karma's body, doesn't want to accept that fact. It rejects the natural phenomenon called love. Maybe Karma prefers mischief over love. Even when he states that he likes Okuda-san, it is because she can whip up chemicals that are suitable for his shenanigans, not because she is date-worthy.