Chapter 42

Akari

A few minutes after Karma and I kissed, the invader appears out of thin air as if he is prophetic.

"NUUUUUUUUUUUUYAAAAAAAAAA!"

The exaggerated screams always know when and where to interrupt us.

"Korosensei!" I shout, unlatching myself from Karma. "Can't you respect our privacy a little?"

"Nurufufufufufu, how can I resist? This juicy gossip! It's finally re—NUYA!" Clad in a Santa Claus outfit, Korosensei dodges the knife Karma throws at him.

I roll my eyes at their antics. "Korosensei, how can you be a teacher when you have no sense of what 'respecting privacy' means?" I feign crying, covering my face to stifle my laughter.

"NUYA! Don't cry! I'm sorry, Akari-san!"

Karma reels in laughter. "Anyway, what brings you here, Korosensei?"

"Oh yes!" Korosensei takes out two presents wrapped in festive colours. "Here are your Christmas presents, Akari-san and Karma-kun."

My eyes sparkle with joy and gratitude. "Thank you, sensei!"

"Gee, thanks." Karma flashes a smile.

The three of us look at each other silently. I'm eager to unwrap my presents but Korosensei is just staring at me and Karma. He looks like he is anticipating for something.

"Err... Korosensei, you can leave now," Karma says.

"Nuya! But... but..."

Oh I get it now. "What are you waiting for? We are not kissing in front of you."

"THAT'S NOT IT!" The large octopus flails his tentacles as he flusters. "I'm... I'm—"

"If you're waiting for your presents, you can forget about it. We don't have any," I interject coldly.

"NUUUYYAAAAA?! But... BUT!"

"Sensei, this year's Christmas is about giving, not receiving," Karma snidely chides.

Korosensei's permanent smile makes it hard for him to frown. His face turns blue and tears flow from his beady eyes. "Ok... I understand..."

I stifle my laughter but to no avail. "I'm just kidding with you, sensei."

Looking surprised, Korosensei gasps. "R-really?"

I go into my bedroom and take out a box wrapped with octopus-themed wrapping paper. "Here you go, Korosensei."

"Akari-san! Thank you!" Korosensei gladly accepts the present. He unwraps the present under a second. "A muffler! Did you make it yourself, Akari-san?"

I nod. Korosensei wraps the pink muffler over his neck. "You like it?"

"Nurufufufufu, of course I like it!"

"Sensei, have you been going on giving presents to everyone?" asks Karma.

"Of course. I always wanted to be like Santa Claus. I just left the presents by their doorsteps. I didn't think now is the good time to see my students face to face yet, after that day. But..." His face turns into green and yellow stripes. "Look what I've got here when I arrive Akari's apartment... nurufufufufu..."

This perverted chicken octopus disguised as a teacher...

"Nurufufufufufu... luckily I came here and—"

Karma throws another knife in Korosensei's face. "Time for you to go, sensei. You probably still have a lot of presents left... and it's about to be midnight."