Chapter 25

Elli Pov:

"Who do you need to go shopping for first?" Paige asks as we were walking into the mall, hand in hand.

"Uhm, my siblings," I replied.

Paige and I both had an off day so we both decided to go to the mall because Christmas was right around the corner, and there were sales in stores, meaning I would save a lot of money. It was also always nice to get a start on Christmas shopping.

We walked into Dicks Sporting Goods because my little brother LJ plays both football and basketball, and I think I would want to get him some new basketball shoes or some new practice gear.

"Wouldn't he like these? These are fire," Paige said pointing to some kyries.

"They are nice, he's a size 9." I said I was beginning to look for those shoes in a size 9.

"Right here bub," Paige says, grabbing the shoe box.

"Should I get him some practice outfits too?" I ask her.

"If you think he'd like that then yeah," She replied

I nod as I grab her hand and guide her towards the young men's clothing aisle. I ended up picking some 1 pair of nike shorts with a red nike shirt and a white nike hoodie.

We went over to the cashier and I paid for everything. It was a total of 67.37 dollars.

"Okay LJ's gift is done," I say smiling as we walk out of Ducks Sportings Goods.

"E is next." she replies

"Evie is so picky, I think I might get her some clothes," I reply.

"I should probably get some things for the team too," Paige says

-

We walked around the mall buying gifts for everyone. I bought gifts for all of my family and my closest friends. I bought a mug for coach and I bought a few gift cards for my team because I wasn't going to be going around the store for even longer. The only person left that I needed to get gifts for was Paige, but her gift was being shipped to my dormitory.

We were currently in the food court waiting in line at a Japanese restaurant called Sakura. The reviews here were good so we decided to try it. It was also healthier than eating fast food, (which Paige wanted to eat but I told her not to).

"What are you going to get?" She asked, turning to face me after a while of looking at the menu.

"Probably the shrimp and teriyaki chicken spaghetti bowl with some salad and a pepsi," I responded, looking at her. "What about you?" I asked afterwards

"I'm gonna try the teriyaki chicken bowl, with some pepsi, and no salad," She says smiling like a child

I roll my eyes playfully at her acting like a child. She wraps her arm around me as we approach the front of the line more.

As soon as we got in front of the line we ordered our food and made our way to the opposite side of the restaurant to pick up our food. The restaurant was designed very cool, it had a place where you could watch the chefs cook and prepare the meals.

I look over to look at Paige and notice her eyes glued to the food. Her eyes twinkled like a little kid looking at a piece of candy. I just laughed at her antics.

Once we got our food, we walked to an empty table in the food court. We found one by the merry-go-round.

"My dad and little brother are flying to Connecticut to watch the game against Ucla this week. My dad has always wanted to meet you, I was wondering if you wanted to meet them?" Paige said as we were eating.

I swallow the last of the food in my mouth before replying. "Yeah of course, it'll be cool to meet your family," I reply smiling

She smiles, before grabbing my hand and placing a kiss on it. "I love you," She says

"I love you too," I say, squeezing her hand.

-

"Paige!" I shout smacking her shoulder. "Your making a mess and you've used half the time wrapping paper,"

"Hey! You can't blame me! Wrapping presents are hard, especially when your trying to wrap weird boxes shaped toys," She says point a finger at me

"Here let me help," I sigh before grabbing the tape and helping her place it on the gifts she got for Drew. "See it's not that hard, you just got to do a bit of thinking,"

"Thinking is hard," She pouts, crossing her arms.

"Your a big baby," I say

"Am not!" She says defensively 

I laugh, shaking my head before pecking her lips and going back to wrapping gifts. By the time I finished wrapping gifts Paige was on the couch watching Criminal Minds.

"You wanna bake cookies?" She says, looking at me.

"Yeah sure, I was just thinking of eating something and cookies sound great," I reply smiling

I grab flour, sugar, a stick of butter, baki g powder and baking soda, milk, eggs and most importantly the chocolate chips. I grab a bowl from the cabinets as Paige grabs the utilities to mix the dough with. I start to melt the butter and mix the sugar in it to make a smooth mix to later add the dry ingredients. I then add the eggs and the milk before whisking it together. Paige puts on some music for us to listen, which makes me sing the lyrics to the songs.

I was currently measuring all the dry ingredients to make sure everything would be good.

"Let me pour the flour," Paige says

"Okay," I respond, quickly regretting it as i she purée the flour aggressively, spilling the flour in the air and all over the counter. 

"Oops," She says smiling and shrugging.

"I'm dating a child,"